“Gorgeous, modern, comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Norfolk Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guelph
Norfolk Guest House
102 Eramosa Road, Guelph, Ontario N1E 2L8, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Guelph B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Gorgeous, modern, comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Third time visitor - impressed every time. This is one of the most beautiful B&Bs I visit. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, the same goes for the washroom . The beds are always comfortable and I never have trouble sleeping. Great food, great service.

Room Tip: Grandview or Penthouse
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed here before, and will continue to go back as often as I can. This time, my boyfriend and I stayed overnight for my birthday. What a wonderful gift! The room was gorgeous, spacious (bigger then my apartment in Toronto), and luxurious. I would have to say that the bathroom was my favourite, with a beautiful 2 person jacuzzi and an awesome walk-in shower (that I believe one could live in). Janet has always been such a welcoming easy-going hostess, which is always greatly appreciated. Let's not forget the large wrap around balcony and as always, the super comfortable beds. Just love this B&B.

Room Tip: I've stayed in multiple rooms, they are all extremely nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband had booked a room for us a month in advance with a $100 deposit for our wedding day as a surprise to me. I found out on the evening of being married, that when he went to drop off our bags that morning, they had lost our reservation. When they finally found it (computer glitch they told him), they said they were full.

He suggested that couples who had made a reservation only a week ago (and were not due to arrive to the B&B for a few hours) should be bumped and we should get a room because we reserved a full month ago and it was our wedding day. They proverbially shrugged their shoulders.

We were moved to a small room in the Delta Hotel in Guelph, which was a complete disappointment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Janetperry, Owner at Norfolk Guest House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
It was very unfortunate that errors occur beyond our control. This reservation was not lost. The groom booked online with our third party reservation system, however he failed to complete the reservation.He never received a confirmation. He admitted to us that he stopped while filling out the forms online. On our end it shows us the date that the reservation was attempted and what time and that it was online. The unfortunate part is that the room inventory was not removed due to the incomplete booking by the client.
I brought the client into the office and showed him everything on our computer and assured him that regardless of the circumstance we would make sure this did not ruin his wedding day. Within the hour I had called the Delta hotel and arrange to have the best room available for the couple. I explained the situation to the hotel front desk clerk and asked that this couple be taken very good care of. I personally went to the Delta and placed fresh flowers in the room, a bottle of wine, spa products, chocolate dipped strawberries and a note. I took care of the breakfast ,parking and offered a free room at Norfolk as well. I took care of the entire bill which was our way to make sure they were happy. I called the Delta several times during their stay to make sure they were happy. The gentleman at the front desk reported that he was impressed at our level of customer service and that he said the couple enjoyed their stay and all the extras that I had provided and paid for.

Our policy for booking a reservation has never included a payment of any kind, simply a credit card number to secure the room. We never received any money from this client as a way to secure the room. Most of our conversation took place over the phone and the groom did ask us to bump another client to accommodate them and we did not agree to do that as his reservation was never completed and confirmed in the first place.

We went out of our way to make this couple happy and we did everything possible to make the day special for them. We called our reservation system provider and have let them know they need to put some more measures into the system to make sure this type of error does not happen again.
There will always be things that go wrong along the way, it's how you deal with them that is important. We care about every client and our immediate response to turn the situation around and level of care shows we are a great place to stay.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the guesthouse many times and just left once again and cannot wait until I go back. Wow it is so clean, and so comfortable. Again The owner updated the rooms. I'm so impressed as always Janet made me feel at home.

Thank you can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Rent the grand view or Turkish
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Norfolk is by far my favorite, and the best, place to stay in Guelph. Very comfortable beds, elegantly decorated rooms, most of which have large jacuzzi tubs. I travel extensively for business, and Grandview/Penthouse rooms are up there with any of the nicest rock star hotel rooms I've stayed at anywhere in the world. On this visit I stayed in the Provence and Queen rooms on different nights. This B&B is obviously great for weekend getaways, but also works well for business visitors i.e. fast wifi, quiet rooms, convenient to biz district and university,

Janet is a very congenial host, and serves great breakfasts (included in price). She is also quite knowledgeable about local restaurants/amenties/events, and can offer recommendations based on your personal tastes/preferences Lastly, you can make a pot of (good) tea on your own in the evenings whenever you want, i.e. nice touch that makes for a good way to end the evening. Thanks Janet!!

PS: There is no swimming pool, mistakenly clicked on that rating. The jacuzzis are a little too small to do laps ;-)

Room Tip: Grandview/Penthouse rooms are excellent, Turkish and Queen rooms are great. Other rooms are also ve...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Norfolk B & B is a must if you are spending some time in Guelph. The rooms are beautiful and updated. The linens are exquisite. Everything you want in luxury is provided. The owner, Janet, is warm and friendly and helpful. We stayed in the main floor bedroom and I felt like I was in a palace. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Guelph. Also, the breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: The first floor room is gorgeous. However, all the rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I live in Guelph. I'd just come home from the long weekend to find a problem with my apartment. The landlord booked me in here while fixing things, as it's nearby. I had no idea what to expect, but what a surprise! The attention paid to detail in the whole building, the service, the comfort, the room (with jacuzzi), the food - all A+! Janet is very personable and knowledgeable, and a great chef to boot, with great options of plenteous breakfasts. No question, I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Norfolk Guest House? Share your experiences!