“An Amazing Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Norfolk Guest House

You added Norfolk Guest House to your Saves list
Norfolk Guest House
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   102 Eramosa Road, Guelph, Ontario N1E 2L8, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Guelph B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“An Amazing Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were celebrating my birthday and wanted and nice place to stay for the night, so we booked a room at the Norfolk Guest House. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by the owner and she proceeded to give us a tour around the house and gardens. The B&B was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the Queen Suite which was also gorgeous. My boyfriend and I enjoyed sipping on a glass of wine in the back yard while enjoying the scenery. We also sat and chatted with the owner, Janet, who was very friendly and welcoming. The jacuzzi tub in our room was a real treat, not to mention the extremely comfortable beds and bedding (we almost slept in because of this). However, we did get up and we made our way down to the kitchen where we were once again greeted by the owner, this time with fresh coffee (not a coffee lover, but this coffee was really good). The owner made us a delicious breakfast and we were set to start our day feeling very relaxed. We will definitely be going back again, the whole experience was very relaxing and luxurious.

Room Tip: All the rooms were gorgeous
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Norfolk Guest House in Guelph to celebrate my 2nd anniversary. My husband and I absolutely loved our visit! We felt so relaxed and at home, and really loved the luxurious hot tub and our private wrap around balcony in the Grand View Suite. Our host, Janet, was very friendly and accommodating and made a very nice breakfast in the morning. We went for dinner in downtown Guelph which was less than a minute drive from this property so it was very convenient. We would definitely suggest this property to anyone visiting Guelph, or even people who live in Guelph and just want a relaxing night away.

Room Tip: Grand View Suite has a huge walk-in closet and a very spacious bathroom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredonia, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this B&B this past Friday. We arrived right on time at 3, barely greeted be the owner, could tell she didn't like us from the start, maybe because we were younger or that we were from New York. The room was very nice and well put together; I did not mind that the bathroom was not connected to the room. She didn't explain or show us around so we were a little confused on where things were. She told us that we could go outside in the yard; there was a nice garden and patio. My boyfriend and I enjoyed a glass of wine out there, and then she walked by sighed, for no reason and was snappy when we asked where we should put the wine glasses, so we just brought them to our room. We were confused on when breakfast was going to be served, we thought she said 10:30 but we did read on a sheet inside the room that it was done at 10. So we went down around 9:55 and asked if she was still serving breakfast. She made the biggest sigh and said "I just put everything away." So I nicely told her okay that's perfectly fine we can go get something in town it wasn't a big deal at all. We were just simply seeing if she was still serving it, not asking her to make it. After going back and forth with her about really not wanting breakfast especially after how rudely she talked to me. We sat at the table with other guest that were very friendly, noticing we didn't have any glasses, mentioned it to the owner and I again politely told her we didn't need them, afraid she would snap at me, I wanted to stay out of her way at this point, she then said " You will not get anywhere in life if you don't speak up for things you want." At that point I was in shock and wanted to leave as soon as I could, getting upset ruining my trip and stay at this B&B. Just because I was younger, gives you no right to talk to me that way, I am paying for it just like everyone else is, I tip toed the whole time I was there, and cleaned up after myself, to be treated so crude, don't own a B&B if you are going to treat people this way. I do compliment you on how clean and beautiful the house was but your attitude was ridiculous.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were provided contact to this lovely B&B by the owner of the Bistro that we dined at. Sight unseen, we arrived later in the evening and were taken upstairs and offered the great Bombay Room with its sumptuous bath across the hall. We plunged into a jetted tub and soaked for about an hour and then crashed into a very comfortable bed. Waking, we made it to breakfast (made after we were consulted abour the possibilities) - which was very fine. Our fellow-travelers, writer-sisters and a businessman with many stories, were also really delightful. While we spent not even 12 hours at the Norfolk, it seemed so restful and replenishing that it was like a vacation all to itself. We enjoyed Guelph and will return - likely staying here again!

Room Tip: Rooms all have their own character...our pictures are of the Bombay Room and its bath...the other ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the Norfolk Guest House in Guelph for two nights while visiting the University of Guelph. I travelled alone. When my room wasn't ready on arrival, the owner put me up in the luxurious Penthouse suite. The house combines beautiful history with tasteful and luxurious renovations. Truly the best of both worlds. The surrounding garden is nice too.

Another real bonus was the common large breakfast table in the morning. Travelling alone, it
was great to meet interesting people from all over the world. The conversation was so good, people lingered at the table. Janet the host is very friendly as well. I'd thoroughly recommend the Norfolk Guest House as a personal way to visit Guelph Ontario.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our son David gave booked us the room as a Christmas gift. He is attending U of G and I am from Gueiph but haven't spent much time there. Dave booked us the penthouse suite and it was perfect. The house is very charming and well decorated. Janet has done a fantastic job of keeping the place looking fresh and clean. The room has a gas fireplace and tub in conrner room. It also has a beautiful bathroom. It has all the amenities one needs but decorated with lots of charm. The old style sleigh bed was perfect and comfy. Digital TV radio let us find the perfect music. And there is everythng you need at the ready for a nice evening. If you stay in the summer, you can enjoy your own private patio with a great view of Guelph.
Breafast was very good.

The Norfolk is in a short walking distance to downtown where we met some friends that I have not seen for awhile for dinner.
it was a great night with a perfect ending - in a perfect B & B.
I would recommend the Norfolk for anyone spending some time in Guelph.

I would recommend the Norfolk for anyone having to stay in Guelph.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the penthouse and it was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Norfolk Guest House for the past 4.5 months. It has been a great experience, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Guelph. This is a small, 7 room, B&B that is like staying at your very well to-do grandma's with top notch service. I come and go as I please for almost 5 months now. The beds are fabulous, as are some of the bathrooms. (Bombay and Penthouse have great bathrooms. The Norfolk as WiFi, HD TV in most rooms, and access to a kitchen if you need it. Really enjoyed my time and know that you will too. Say hi to Wiener for me. He is the old, totally deaf cat.....

Room Tip: If you have the budget, choose the Penthouse. Otherwise, I loved the Bombay room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Norfolk Guest House? Share your experiences!