“OK not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 327 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brew Pub, Gastropub, Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Drayton Chop House restaurant is nestled in the quaint town of Drayton, just down from the Drayton Festival Theatre. It is the perfect destination for a Sunday drive or stay in town and enjoy the small town charm. Please feel free to contact us to make reservations for your next celebration or special occasion. The Chop House group of restaurants are a regional group of chef driven upscale casual restaurants focussed on showcasing the local products grown and raised in the areas in which we operate. The Chop Houses are community oriented and our menus reflect regional customer preferences and are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and standard of service in each community we serve.
Listowel, Canada
“OK not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had our first experience at Drayton Chop House for our anniversary on a Saturday evening. We ordered side salads and the prime rib special. The prime rib arrived but the salads had not appeared so we asked where they were. They apologized and they arrived later. The baked potatoes were discoloured and hard, they had been microwaved too long. They were replaced just as the salads arrived!. The dinners were not hot, they were warm. Other than the hostess apologizing for the salads and potatoes we saw very little of the wait staff. It took a long time to see someone to order coffee and a toffee pudding. My husband finally went to find someone to ask for the bill, they seemed to be switching around some staff. No one offered to comp. the salads or the dessert. Certainly not an experience I'd like to repeat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Guelph, Canada
“Breakfast sucked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Went for breakfast. My son couldn't eat the french toast? First time anyone has ever messed up french toast. My bacon and eggs came with no toast but they said there was a biscuit? It was about the size of a bottle cap. Dinner may be good but after such a disappointing breakfast I won't be back.

Visited May 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Great service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My son took me for dinner on Father's day at the Chop House and it was a wonderful rustic atmosphere with one of the largest and nicest outdoor dining areas that I've seen anywhere. We chose however to eat inside. The service was fast and professional, the food was good but not great and prices were moderate. If they do play music it is too low in the background so that everyones conversations can be overheard. The locals seem to love it because it is very much a 'meat & potato' type menu. They boast local fresh meats which is wonderful but people looking to satisfy a more sophisticated palate will not find it here. The toffeecake dessert is one thing I would highly recommend additionally they serve up an incredible pavlova dessert this month (July). Last but not least if you are not familiar with Drayton they have a great live theatre so it might be a suggestion to go online get some tickets and treat your wife to dinner and theatre night out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guelph, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

we all ordered the snitzel and it fillled the whole plate! It was delicious!
The menu has plenty of choices and the atmosphere was casual with funky decor....would recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fergus
“AAA- Just like the Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

All of the Chop House Resteraunts are fantastic. Grand Valley was my first love, Wellesley, and now Drayton. I live and work between all and enjoy their menu for lunch or dinner.
As a realtively light lunch individual I usually pick a salad, or share app's. But their option of steak by the ounce completely works for me (often high end cuts in 6 -8 ozs). Atmosphere is casual but fun... certainly a step above any "family diner".
Family fav's include- Burger night on onday's (my Dad's choice), Wing night Wednesdays, or Friday nights (a lot more wine consumed!!). The platter can take down the toughest of appetites, and I love the mushroom fettucine.
I am also european so I prefer quality food, prepared with care, dinners are longer than a dine and dash... BUT I am ok with that.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere