“Do these people get out often?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 308 Restaurants in Guelph
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique pub experience in Guelph, The Baker Street Station is proud to offer its patrons the finest food and drink in a thoroughly modern yet surprisingly traditional atmosphere.
Guelph, Canada
“Do these people get out often?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am not sure if the people who reviewed this place below ate at the same place or I the night I visited was a bad night for the restaurant. It is unfortunate that none of the good restaurants in Guelph are open on a Sunday night. It was our Anniversary and we wanted to go out to a nice place. We had heard a couple people say that the food was good (or at least the burger was good) and the reviews on here made it sound like the food would be good.. but what a huge disappointment. We arrived around 6:15 and both the upstairs and downstairs patios were full, so we decided to eat upstairs inside. (There was only two other tables of guests) We grabbed a table and sat there for 15 mins, with no one coming by to greet us. There was at least 3 staff upstairs (1 behind the bar; 1 running around and 1 standing at the table next to ours). The one behind the bar was basically just stocking the bar; the one running around had a full patio to deal with and the 1 at the table next to us was chatting (it seems they were friends of hers) I finally got up and went to the bar and asked if they are serving food and if so could we get menus. She handed me a couple and said the server would be with us shortly, another 10 mins and the server came by. Not sure why the bartender could not help her out and at least take our drink order. Who knows!!!. We decided to share an app of "Short Rib Poutine" and my partner had the Chicken Curry and I had the Pork Back Ribs. I am not sure if any of the cooks here watch any TV cooking shows but they all say to taste your food before you send it out. Well they should have tasted the Poutine as all you could taste was salt. I had about 4 fries and I had to drink a glass full of water. As for the curry, my partner said it was tasteless and for my Back Ribs, I am not sure how the cooks made them dry and tough. Needless to say, it will be awhile before i think of going back here.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

El Paso, Texas
“Very British”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a real British pub with British food and good beer, including local beers on tap. The food was good, as was the service, & the beer outstanding. The atmosphere is nice, too. I'm not big on British food, but this was pretty good. I would go back just because it is (for me) a unique kind of experience. If you like British food a lot, this would rate 5 stars.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guelph, Canada
“Best Gastro Pub in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been to Baker St. Station several times per month since November and it is consistently one of the best pubs in Guelph.

Starting with the Beer - the most important part of any pub. They carry a large selection of craft beers, local / provincial and international brands. They have had cask selections, and have both seasonal and feature taps. Over the winter they ran many of the one-off's that Wellington Brewery had.

On to the food. Tasty, creative although a little traditional. Compared to other pubs in the area the food is a little more expensive, however the quality and value are among the best in town. The food has always been great tasting and a little off the beaten track (but not too far).

The atmosphere is great, although if your planning to go for dinner a reservation may be a good idea as it tends to be busy every time I go. For the summer months they have patio's upstairs and down for a nice pint in the sun.

Overall one of my favorite places for a pint and dinner.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TORONTO
“must have fish and chips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have eaten here twice in the past few weeks. The fish and chips is always good. You get two good size pieces (not just flour with no fish like other places). Dress light in the summer. It's very hot. Also, should try to use the bathroom else where before you head there. The wash room is mini. If you are over 200 pounds, don't even attempt to use the washrooms .

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“WOULD TRY IT AGAIN”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Had lunch with a friend. We both ordered the Steak Sandwich. I ordered mine without bread(gluten free) and no fries. I asked for root chips instead. The steak was tasty. We both found
our salads to be salty. My plate portion looked so much smaller than my friends because of my requests. Would of been nicer to have more salad. Overall I would come back and try it again
Our waitress was really nice.

• Visited April 2012