When I went to check out, I was told I need to pay for the roll-away bed we got, which was fine, i just mentioned that i would of appreciated them telling me that it was $20 when they asked me if I needed anything. When i said this, the general manager came out from the back and proceeded to tell me and my friends that we have "no common sense" and that "you need to use your head to figure out that it's obviously not free! Nothing's free!"
After this, he then began to raise his voice at us, and at one point was yelling while my two friends and I stayed calm and told him not to undermined us, not to say we have no common sense, and not to yell or raise his voice because it's rude and unnecessary.
He continued to tell us we did not know anything and treated us like children. We told him that he should not be speaking to us like this because we are customers and do not deserve to be spoken to like that by anyone, let alone the general manager.
The only reason he would be speaking to us like he did was because we are University students, and for some reason he decided to be arrogant and rude to us because of this. At one point he even asked the employee helping us to go to our rooms and make sure nothing was broken or damaged because he did not believe us (nothing was wrong!). He was looking for things to charge us for. If a couple, a family, a single person, or anyone in the same situation except older, he never would have asked an employee to check our rooms, and especially not right in front of us.
This was the worst, most frustrating and rude experience I have had in any situation before.
The general manager at this holiday inn express needs to have an evaluation immediately, or fired because he had no right to speak to a paying customer like he did, ever ! Especially customers who did nothing wrong!
Don't go there !!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Guelph
- Holiday Inn Express Guelph
- Holiday Inn Guelph
- Guelph Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guelph Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smartest Choice among Guelph, Ontario Hotels Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guelph, the best hotel for guests in town for a Guelph vacation or business trip. In addition to a great location, our affordable hotel offers every modern comfort and convenience necessary for a memorable stay, including free high-speed Internet access in each of our spacious rooms. Many guests appreciate our many amenities directed toward business-minded individuals. Our 24-hour business centre gives unlimited access to convenient fax, printer and copier services. In addition, guests looking to gather with colleagues or business associates can meet in our boardroom for a seminar, presentation or other event. The perfect Guelph vacation is anchored at the Holiday Inn Express Guelph. Our hotel's location just outside the center of the city lets guests avoid the sometimes hectic downtown area, while still offering quick access to all the local attractions, including the Church of Our Lady, museums, Wings of Paradise, and beautiful parks. Plenty of on-site amenities keep guests entertained and relaxed, including our indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness centre with state-of-the-art equipment. With our free Express Start Breakfast Bar every morning to fuel your long day of sightseeing or meetings, there's no better hotel in Guelph for a vacation or business trip. Look forward to your Smart Stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel in Guelph. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guelph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.