“Worth the stay if your in Guelph!” 5 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   480 Silvercreek Pkwy., Guelph, Ontario N1H 7R5, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Worth the stay if your in Guelph!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been staying at this location for the past 7 years! Before the new owner took over! I felt like I was living in the 70's!!! But now with the new renos what an amazing hotel!! Owners ABSOLUTELY great! The rates are great, hot breakfast, very clean rooms, great staff, etc...... Before the renos myself and company relocated to a different hotel!!!! But due to the owners hard and dedication won myself and company back to the comfort inn!!!! 10 outta 10

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked at the last minute to see a sorting event in town and it was excellent value. The hotel has free parking, in-room fridge and microwave and wi-fi, and hot breakfast included.

The room was great - clean and good beds - and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travel enormously for my work and stay with the Comfort Inn chain all around Ontario for my business trips. I'm a Diamond member with Comfort Inn. I rank this newly renovated location among my top picks in Ontario, if not the top.

I had planned to stay 1 night but received such outstanding personal service that I decided to base my location here for the remaining of the week. I could have easily changed to a location nearer to my business route, but the experience was just so fantastic I had too stay.

Decor, 2 words: outstanding and contemporary design. Excellent craftmanship in the renos too.
Very clean, no issues with WIFI. They even Oversized the plasma TVs, largest I've seen in the comfort inns.

Great breakfasts too.
I usually eat out in the morning but at this place I had breakfast everyday.

Don't expect normal service at the desk.
The owner has an awesome heart and is frequently present on site. He interacts with his guests and even sits down with them for a chat. Friendly, it's all about how you treat people.

Will I go back? Damn right!!
I told the owner his hotel will now be my base for west ontario.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

A small group, made up of family from Manitoba came to Guelph for a wedding. We rented 3 rooms, and all agreed on the superb service and quality of rooms.
The rooms and staff at the Comfort Inn helped make the trip to Guelph a memorable one. Close to both the Hanlon and a direct trip to the 401, and Hi way 7, which turns into Victoria ST. in downtown Kitchener was a bonus.
The newly renovated rooms were spacious and well maintained, with what appeared to be all new appliances, including TV and fridge.
The inclusive breakfast was well above average. It buffet style breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, an assortment of fruit and cereal, as well as wonderful pastries and complimentary newspapers.
Was well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well what can I say? First of all I am appalled at this poor service dirty room review!!

Serious I have been staying at this great hotel on business since May of 2013 and it is the best hotel in the City of Guelph. From being renovated top to bottom room to room with everything new right down to the carpet ( and carpet in the hall ways ) Trust me I've been in lot of the rooms and every room I have stayed in was 100% clean. Spotless fresh and new sheets, pillows, furniture and completely new bathrooms with great lighting.

I have always walked in to be greeted with a great smile and pleasant conversation and staff goes out of their way to accommodated all guest.

This hotel has precast concrete floors which is completely quiet and I have never been woken up even on a Friday night. Parking is great and very safe and it only takes 10 minutes to be in the heart of Guelph and two rivers with some of the best parks and views of the rivers around. From the hotel is a 5 minute drive to Riverside park which has great walking trails alongside the river and a huge playground and wooden carousel which runs daily.

Breakfast is great and with a calming and spacious area to make and enjoy fresh waffles, fresh fruit and so much more trust me you wont go hungry.

Being so close to the hanlon which is a short drive to the 401, and high way 6 to the north.

Excellent hotel to stay at enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A great experience for our business trip.
We had a 3 day seminar for our Company and I could not have asked for any better treatment that what we got. The meeting room although small had all the right equipment for us to conduct our presentations.The hotel was renovated just recently, and what a pleasant appeal from the minute you walked into the lobby, rooms were fresh and very clean. The complimentary full hot breakfast was also a surprise since we just expected a continental breakfast. The housekeeping staff were always ready to accommodate our requests. CONGRATS MANAGEMENT TEAM keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having stayed there a couple of times in the last 2-3 years I was pleasantly surprized at the beautiful and professional renovations since the new ownership! I was lucky enough to speak to the new owner and experience the changes. Even the front desk staff is more amiable. Right on Highway 7 and the Hanlon Expressway, it is convienient to businesses and retail outlets. Having stayed in other more expensive hotels in the city, I wished I had of checked out the changes here first. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed first floor with patio doors to open for breezes and easy access to car
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!