“Wow surprising Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   480 Silvercreek Pkwy., Guelph, Ontario N1H 7R5, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“Wow surprising Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this comfort inn. The newly renovated rooms were very pleasant and up to date..
Also a very good surprise to us was the offer of a hot breakfast with all the frills. The friendly staff were always ready to accommodate ours requests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn before and it was ok from a look and feel. Service was always personable and met expectations. But now they have renovated and it looks and feels like a much better, room style and colours are great, hallways have a cool carpet (soft too), and the lobby is completely redone so that you can sit and work or hang out with a few friends to finish off the days work without having to all go back to somebody's room. Its a nice change. When I travel I generally stay at the same places and generally they dont make this kind of wholesale change.
Great job guys as it makes the stay easier when it looks and feels great too.

Room Tip: Always nice to have a kitchen to make and keep food when travelling. They have a few of these suite...
Gravenhurst, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stay here every year, and this year we were in for a big surprise. It is completely remodelled. The lobby does not look like your typical comfort inn experience, it is comparable with some of the Hilton brand hotels we stay at. The rooms are modern, and smell new. My wife loved our bathroom. The hot breakfast was delicious from the eggs to the pancakes. We are IMPRESSED, and will recommend this hotel to all our friends. One minor thing we noticed is we cannot find the new photos of this hotel anywhere online. The pictures that the hotel currently has online does not do his hotel justice. I recommend that this comfort inn changes the online photos so that visitors can see the newly remodelled hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is the basic Comfort Inn experience. The place is being renovated and, consequently, the halls are somewhat plugged with construction material and debris and there's that fine, white drywall dust all over everything. Some of the rooms smell like fresh paint, which tends to give me a headache, but they will change you rooms in an instant if they can.

The only staff I encountered during my stay was the gentleman at the front desk. When we entered the hotel, he seemed to be lounging on the couches with a friend and the two of them were engrossed in their phones. I felt like I was imposing upon them and it took a little while for the gentleman to respond to us standing at the front desk.

Once we'd checked in, I asked for directions to a specific location and he never really actually answered me. He asked why I wanted to go there and I said that I was meeting someone for dinner. He recommended two or three other places for dinner and never actually gave me directions save for a general wave in a non-specific direction. I ended up asking a girl at a bus stop near the hotel for directions and she was quite kind and accommodating and helped me out immensely.

When we returned from dinner, the two guys were still lounging on the couches, with their feet up, and didn't even look up when my wife and I passed through the lobby.

We didn't get a chance to check out the "complimentary breakfast" that the Comfort Inn considers part of their standard experience so I can't comment on it one way or another, at least not at this location.

In general, despite some hiccups, I wouldn't hesitate to try this place again. If management is smart, though, they'll check out the performance of their front desk staff. I can say that this guy left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Blenheim, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was called to inform me my reservation was canceled. As it turns out they just ripped me off of 8000 point from their promotion of " stay 2 separate nights and get one free night".

As it turned out I stopped in and the afternoon shift clerk shift still claimed they add a major water line break and they had to cancel all reservations.

The clerk was so stupid when I asked to use a washroom he directed me in a construction area
where they renovations are being performed by a group of painter. No on was clean up water, just refurbishing room on the first floor. The other area look fine and the water was on as the toilet flushed.

Bottom line they " corporate offices" won't fix it (replace the point) as they were told I did not show. So this owner ripped me off as well as Comfort Inn Corp. Who would ever trust such a shady operator.

My advice stay at the Hampton Inn by Hilton, it's very nice and only 2 minutes away, and the prices are good.

GOODBYE forever COMFORT INNS, QUALITY SUITS AND CLAIRION MOTEL.

AND HELLO HILTON, STAYBRIDGE, AND HAMPTON INNS.

Room Tip: go to the Hampton Inn, by Hilton
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

As a district manager, i travel and stay in a lot of hotels. The Guelph comfort inn is the nicest comfort inn that I have stayed in through out my Toronto to Windsor area. I was in this hotel approximately 3 months ago and enjoyed the stay. It was a standard comfort inn with a very friendly and helpful owner/manager that takes an interest in his property. Today I am back at this site, and almost didn't recognize it. This has been completely renovated, and if it wasn't for the owner (working the desk) recognizing me, i wouldn't have known. The lobby is completely redone and looks inviting, complete with a breakfast dining area and hot breakfast now. They switched my reservation to accommodate my needs, and showed me to my room. As i entered the room, i was impressed ! the rooms have been completely renovated, and look amazing. the walls, lights, furniture, fridge, dresser and even tv is as nice as my home furnishings. as I checked the bathroom, i was surprised to see that the renovations were done in there as well. New vanity, lights, set up of toiletries, towels and all. I stopped back at the desk to find out if they had any recommendations for restaurants in the area, since I hadn't eaten while driving all day. He had a few suggestions, and after explaining it was too early to eat dinner already, he offered me some pastries that were available for breakfast !!!

As a guest of the hotel, i couldn't ask for more.

this is my favorite hotel in my district now, and highly recommend if in the Guelph area.. this is the place to stay.

thanks for everything

M. McNeil

Room Tip: if all the rooms are just as nice as this one.. doesn't matter which one you get !
sarnia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel many many times because it is close to where i regalarily do business and it's still far better than the super 8 accross the road. on several occasions however i and all other guests have been forced to transport all their belonging in the pooring rain, snow storms because the owners use the covered laneways at the front doors \as their own personal parking space.

They have in fact done many renovations which are very nice but that has still not corrected the constant poor cleaning jobs of the rooms such as garbage under the beds, spilled food in the mini fridge and a very poor cleaning job of the toilets and showers.

it looks good on the inside and if you have low standards for courtesy (covered parking as you unload) and cleanliness then you might like it. definitely not a hygenic place to bring small children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!