“good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1485 Garrison Road, Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 1P8, Canada (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
Hamilton, Canada
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our room and the facility itself including pool were quite clean. Comfy beds and general cable. Does not come with free breakfast. They have a restaraunt but very pricey. Go to tim hortons down the street. Internet speeds in room only about 45 kbps ... try moving a chair cleoser to the door or go tothe lobby for excellent speeds. A bit pricey but tye condition and choice hotels points and buy 2 get 50 gift card still makes it well worth the trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the wireless signal if you require internet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review3236, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Good Service, clean facility, new daily specials, new bar specials, free parking, free wifi, free Business Centre, We have something for everyone. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Hamburg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked this hotel based on reviews. We were in the area for one night and wanted a King Room. Our room was clean but smelled of bleach... which didn't bother us so much. The bed was very comfy as were the pillows. The Front desk help, V was his nick name, was very friendly and helpful. The lobby and amenities of the hotel are good although we didn't get to use them. What makes this a 3 instead of a 4 for me was the noise of the air conditioning unit (louder then normal start and woke me on a few occasions during my night (I sleep with ear plugs every night and still woke me) And the mini fridge had been left open and was not working properly. We didn't complain because we just used the ice bucket instead. Also, I feel that this hotel could use some upgrading... the rooms are a little worn and could use newer curtains... but now I am just being fussy.
A HUGE plus for me was the late check out. We made the request and were allowed to have the room until 1 pm! If we were in the area again, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor.ca. A one night stay could end up being a life time of repeat business here at The Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. Behalf of myself and the staff we all work very hard as a team to be the best hotel in Fort Erie.
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting Niagara Falls for the long weekend. It was easy to find and very big. The parking is great; nice and close. There are a few entranceways but front desk is easy to find.

Beautiful lobby with fireplace and fountain. We didn't try the restaurant but it looked nice. Lidia, the front desk agent, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about area highlights. She was quick to check us in and very nice.

The room we were in was large with 2 beds, since they were packed that night. Nice decor, very clean room, fresh scent. Bathroom was well sized and shower was spacious.

Thanks for a great stay, we'll be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff it is appreciated very much and look forward to your next visit in Fort Erie.
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for hockey tournament for two days.....rooms were clean the first day, the next day even after cleaning the carpet was not vacuumed, the garbage was not emptied and the desk not wiped and I am not even going to mention the w

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear AlineGToronto,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us. I am so sorry you didn't have a favorable stay with us, rest assured that I will be following up with the Housekeeping Team and sharing your comments with them for this is simply not acceptable!
I hope if in the area again you will stay with us to give us another opportunity.

Best Regards,
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for a hockey tournament. The best feature is that the rink is one parking lot over, no need to drive. For the price we paid you would hope for better accommodations. The hotel is quite dated, the gym is terribly equipped. We ate a couple of times in the hotel, one meal was great, the other awful. Rooms are nothing special, the bathroom was not fully cleaned.
The fan in our room was loud, and maintenance could not repair it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I do apologize that your stay was anything but a positive one. As the new General Manager and part of a hard working team here at the hotel our goal is to try and fix what we can. We all work together for one common goal---HAPPY SATISFIED GUEST!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Arrived late, Prateek at the front desk was very helpful and quick. Prateek went the extra mile to let me know about the facility and answering all my questions.

Exceptional service, and great rooms for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Peter Jak,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your stay. I am so sorry that you encounterd problems with your television, I can certainly understand how frustrated you felt. We are currently reviewing our televisions and hoping to have some replacements in the near future. Also, I am disapointed to hear about the dirty room service tray in the hallway, I have followed up with our Food and Beverage Department to assure that this does not reoccur.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope if in the area again you will give us another chance.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights due to business. There were no issues with the conference room. My room was okay and comfortable enough BUT I have to say that this room had the worst television I have ever seen in a hotel room. The TV would not advance up to all the stations that I was supposed to get (as per the station list that is provided on the table beside the bed). The channels I did get were all fuzzy and blurry with lines, and the picture kept getting shadows on it. Couldn't really watch anything. Time for an update.

When I arrived at around 4 pm on the first day, there was a tray of dishes outside one of the rooms next to mine. The next morning the same tray was still there, and later that day the SAME tray was there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter Jak,

Thank you very much for sharing your fedback from your stay. I apologize for the problems you encounterd with your television, I can appreciate how frustrated you must have been. I am currently looking at replacing the televisions and hope to have new ones in the new year. Also, I apologize for not picking up the dirty room service tray that you saw in the hallway. I have since reviewed this with my Food and Beverage Team to ensure this does not reoccur.
Again, thank you and I hope that if in the are again you will stay with us again.

Jonathan George

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!