We stayed at this hotel this past Saturday, as our team was playing another Tyke team from Buffalo. The entrance to the hotel was nice and very large, and check in was easy. We were a group of 17 families with 7 year old boys, and the pool was a good energy release area.
The rooms were typical hotel rooms. Clean, two Double beds, standard bathroom. In room coffee maker and anything else was available through the front desk.
We used the party suite on the 4th floor to have pizza for the kids, mini sticks and the occasional dance breakout of Psy's Gangnam Style.
We cleaned the party room after we were done and were thanked by the staff, as we were the first hockey team that was concerned with how we left the area. The staff also mentioned that we were the first team to actually care about our kids to have them in bed by 9pm, and not have them running the halls until the wee hours.
Great stay and the only reason I am rating it 4 stars is because the front desk denied a late checkout, even though many teams requested this detail when booking their reservation. The website indicated a late checkout was available upon request and availability, but the front desk clerk on Sunday morning had zero interest in accommodating.
All in all, a great place for hockey teams as it's a 1 minute walk to the arena, it's that close.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Centre
- Holiday Inn Fort Erie
- Fort Erie Holiday Inn
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Excellent Service Above Hotels In Fort Erie If quality service is important to you, then you belong at the award-winning Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites of Fort Erie / Niagara Convention Centre. Our hotel near Niagara Falls is conveniently located near Queen Elizabeth Way to keep you connected to Buffalo, NY, Toronto and downtown Fort Erie, Ontario. Our hotel's location at the 'Gateway to Canada' ensures you'll find plenty of attractions nearby. Our hotel's location on Lake Erie and proximity to Niagara River and Niagara Falls gives you plenty of outdoor options. You can also visit the local wineries, tour Old Fort Erie, or go shopping at the many markets surrounding our hotel. Fort Erie Civic Centre Complex, Town Hall, Erie Personnel Corporation and other businesses are also convenient to our hotel's location. Fort Erie business travelers benefit from our corporate amenities, including seven meeting rooms, an exclusive Executive floor and a 24-hr Business Centre. We go beyond other hotels on Lake Erie to give you a comfortable stay. You can eat at Freeland's Restaurant and Lounge, play games in the Arcade and relax in the indoor, heated pool, whirlpool or sauna. Each room has triple-sheeted bedding, a large TV and a work area with free high-speed Internet access, and many rooms have mini-fridges, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and more. For an excellent stay in Fort Erie, Ontario, our hotel's staff invites you to the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.