This property is the old Holiday Inn. Front desk staff was friendly.
Rooms are somewhat pricey.
25” tube type TV with about 40 channels. The TV picture was OK but not great.
The work area was a small square table with no lamp close by, and a single hidden outlet near the TV.
Beds are comfortable, and linens are fairly new and clean.
Overall, the room was clean, but I can’t say the same thing about the glasses and coffee cups, which were glass. I marked a glass, and the sanitary cover, which I do in many hotels. The glass was left on the sink, and the cover was thrown in the trash. When I returned, the same glass was there, with the sanitary cover from the trash can on it. I have no idea what was used to wipe the glass clean, and the sanitary cover from a garbage can says it all. Now I don’t trust the “in room” coffee maker either. This is unacceptable and my reason for dropping the score on cleanliness.
Bathroom was OK. Water pressure, and hot water was good.
The internet connection is surprisingly included in the room price, unlike Breakfast which is not. For the prices they’re charging for rooms, you’d think they could throw in a few bagels and coffee. There’s a Tim Horton’s, Mickey D’s, and a couple of other places just down the road toward the river.
This isn’t a bad place to stay, but it’s not the best by far.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Centre
- Holiday Inn Fort Erie
- Fort Erie Holiday Inn
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Excellent Service Above Hotels In Fort Erie If quality service is important to you, then you belong at the award-winning Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites of Fort Erie / Niagara Convention Centre. Our hotel near Niagara Falls is conveniently located near Queen Elizabeth Way to keep you connected to Buffalo, NY, Toronto and downtown Fort Erie, Ontario. Our hotel's location at the 'Gateway to Canada' ensures you'll find plenty of attractions nearby. Our hotel's location on Lake Erie and proximity to Niagara River and Niagara Falls gives you plenty of outdoor options. You can also visit the local wineries, tour Old Fort Erie, or go shopping at the many markets surrounding our hotel. Fort Erie Civic Centre Complex, Town Hall, Erie Personnel Corporation and other businesses are also convenient to our hotel's location. Fort Erie business travelers benefit from our corporate amenities, including seven meeting rooms, an exclusive Executive floor and a 24-hr Business Centre. We go beyond other hotels on Lake Erie to give you a comfortable stay. You can eat at Freeland's Restaurant and Lounge, play games in the Arcade and relax in the indoor, heated pool, whirlpool or sauna. Each room has triple-sheeted bedding, a large TV and a work area with free high-speed Internet access, and many rooms have mini-fridges, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and more. For an excellent stay in Fort Erie, Ontario, our hotel's staff invites you to the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Venere, Fareportal , Tingo and Otel so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.