While looking for a hotel in the Niagara Falls Ontario area, I noticed that this Clarion in Fort Erie, Ontario had once been a Holiday Inn. Also the Choice Privileges points charge is only 8,000 per night. It sounded too good to pass up and I booked for 2 nights which were a Saturday and Sunday. What a deal it turned out to be. The hotel is 15 miles West of Niagara Falls along the QEW highway but the little bit of extra travel saved us literally hundreds of dollars since the hotels around the falls run from $150 to $300 per night in July. The Peace Bridge to Buffalo, Ny is 10 minutes away. At this hotel, there is a very very nice pool and whirlpool. The pool is about 6 feet deep at its deep end and the water temperature was a wonderful 85 degrees. No shivering here. It opens at 6 am and closes at 11 pm. We stayed in room #463 which was spotless. Apparently it was just spruced up because there were no smears on the paint or wallpaper and the bathroom had a new tub/shower enclosure as well as being spotless.. The tub wall is about an 18" step if heigth is a concern. the water pressure nere is the best. The bedding while perhaps not new, is very comfortable . The cooling system will definitely keep you very cool if you want and come from a wall location. Therefore it is very quiet. In the room, is a refrigerator and a small sink, but this may not be true for all rooms. A restaurant is on site but we chose to eat at the Green Acres Family restaurant which is 1/4 miles from the hotel and is rated on Tripadvisor as #2 out of 54. We ate there 2 nights and it should be rated highly.It is also about 1/3 the price of food at the falls. This hotel was indeed a good deal and we will stay here on our future trips.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Centre
- Holiday Inn Fort Erie
- Fort Erie Holiday Inn
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Excellent Service Above Hotels In Fort Erie If quality service is important to you, then you belong at the award-winning Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites of Fort Erie / Niagara Convention Centre. Our hotel near Niagara Falls is conveniently located near Queen Elizabeth Way to keep you connected to Buffalo, NY, Toronto and downtown Fort Erie, Ontario. Our hotel's location at the 'Gateway to Canada' ensures you'll find plenty of attractions nearby. Our hotel's location on Lake Erie and proximity to Niagara River and Niagara Falls gives you plenty of outdoor options. You can also visit the local wineries, tour Old Fort Erie, or go shopping at the many markets surrounding our hotel. Fort Erie Civic Centre Complex, Town Hall, Erie Personnel Corporation and other businesses are also convenient to our hotel's location. Fort Erie business travelers benefit from our corporate amenities, including seven meeting rooms, an exclusive Executive floor and a 24-hr Business Centre. We go beyond other hotels on Lake Erie to give you a comfortable stay. You can eat at Freeland's Restaurant and Lounge, play games in the Arcade and relax in the indoor, heated pool, whirlpool or sauna. Each room has triple-sheeted bedding, a large TV and a work area with free high-speed Internet access, and many rooms have mini-fridges, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and more. For an excellent stay in Fort Erie, Ontario, our hotel's staff invites you to the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.