“Crowded Place with Long Waits - Good Food, But Not Worth Waiting” 3 of 5 stars

905-894-7037
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located at 423 Derby Rd. (corner of Erie Rd.) Crystal Beach's newest eatery is up and running. Featuring a wonderful and wide ranging menu, from appetizers to home made desserts, and everything in between, you're sure to find something to tantalize your taste buds.
Niagara falls
“Crowded Place with Long Waits - Good Food, But Not Worth Waiting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you could just walk in, get a table (not crowded against others), and get food in a reasonable time, this would be a great place. However, the waits, and being squished into seating almost touching other customers, I drive-by when I know it is busy.

The food is good - excellent dishes, with good flavor, however, the staff is very busy, and gets confused easily (forgot drinks, timing on when we would get food was way off).

As the restaurant is usually packed, I'm sure many enjoy it - I'm just not a fan of feeling like I'm squished into airline-closeness seating to strangers, and long waits.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Welland, Canada
“Best resturant in Niagara ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Myself and my family go to resturants about twice a week. We just stumbled upon south coast and it was great. We all had a bit of everything, wings, nachos, burgars ans fish. Everything was delicious. We spent $100 on a family of 4 and a half (toddler) which is about average for a great meal. We will be coming back to this place often, great food, decent service

“Best Wings in Ontario!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

When you are in the Niagara Region, you have to get the wings at South Coast Cookhouse in Crystal Beach! The varieties are amazing. They are the biggest wings I have ever seen! No comparison anywhere! The restaurant atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are amazing!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, New York, United States
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I met here for lunch on a warm autumn day. There were several tables filled but the waitress helped us right away. All the plates being served looked very full and hearty. I had heard the burgers were very good and the waitress encouraged that impression as well. My friend and I each ordered burgers. Our food came hot from the kitchen and the plate included really good homemade chips on the side. Unfortunately, the burger was a pre-formed, maybe pre-frozen type so not very good. Of course, in Canada restaurants can only serve well done burgers so that didn't help it. While I might give this place a try again I was disappointed that it wasn't up the its reputation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Always good food and good service. A bit overpriced but never disappointed with the quality of the food.

• Visited September 2013