“Very good Vietnamese and Thai food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very good Vietnamese and Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First visit and was very pleased. The food is well prepared, servings are on the large size. When ordering soup ask what the difference is between small and single. The small is family sharing small. some great spices used. Cocktails are available I'll be retiring to try other dishes.

Visited February 2014

Fergus Ontario
“Okay but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The food is okay but very commercial. This particular location is due for a nice refresh as well. I think if you are looking for authentic, great Thai then check out small independent restaurants.

Visited February 2014
South Florida
“Perplexed by the Popularity ?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ok, I'm in Cambridge on business and today it was my bosses day to pick the lunch venue... So various colleagues at the office lunch here, expected good things...

+ The restaurant was able to seat our party of 6 rather quickly although the restaurant was full.
+ Haven't decided if the extensive menu is a + or a -, hence I will place in both categories.
+ Free Parking? I'm really trying to be nice here...

-I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai. (#421? maybe) Wow, the worst I've every eaten. For you americans that grew up on Chef Boyardee, imagine that red sauce taste. This is it. It was like cheap ketchup on tons of pasta.
- The menu numbering system is quite... ordinary in my opinion. Cheapens the venue.
- The service is subpar. Waitress brought us food and check, no chit chat no regard for our appreciation of our meal... purely business.

For those who follow me, you know I don't especially like leaving mediocre reviews, however this meal in particular was bad.
My colleagues seems to like not love the establishment.

I give it a 2 star since my colleagues didn't loathe it as I did, therefore give it a try, stay away from the Chicken Pad Thai...

xoxo, ja

Vancouver, Canada
“Can't wait to return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The menu is refreshing. It's nice to bounce between traditional Thai and Vietnamese favorites.This is one of those places that I wish I had been more hungry so that I could keep ordering more dishes. The food is great, the restaurant is clean and the servers are very friendly. I can't find anything to complain about during my visit. There is a nice selection of vegetarian dishes if that's what you want. I ordered Tom Yum soup and it could have been my whole meal. it was perfect! The dim sum menu was not extensive, but I enjoyed what I ordered immensely. Easy location (right off the 401). Save room for dessert. I had the cheesecake with jackfuit - a first for me! There were 5 or 6 exotic ice cream flavours, too. Don't read any more reviews. Just go to Ben Thanh and experience it for yourself.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great Thai food in Cambridge ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were in Cambridge for the weekend and was referred to this restaurant. The food was amazing and quite authentic. Unfortunately the service was slow, our waitress had too many tables to take care of and we found ourselves waiting to order, waiting to get serviettes, waiting to order dessert and waiting for the bill. She was very professional and quite polite but way too busy. You actually have to write down your own order and give to the waitress for processing. To some extent this is good when you have dietary restrictions or a special request. Apparently they have a restaurant in Mississauga which I will check out as it is closer to home circle.

• Visited August 2013