“Never had a disappointing lunch ..... but ....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 273 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill offers a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant and bar experience and a menu with something for everyone. Good Food... Good Fun... Bad Temper!
Kitchener, Canada
“Never had a disappointing lunch ..... but ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I like Crabby Joe's mostly because I luv their 'pulled pork sandwich', it's all I've ever eaten there. The staff have always been reasonably efficient and friendly in the 7 or 8 times we've been there, combine that with fair prices ($25 + tip for two people) and you've got a very good lunch experience. Of course without the 'pulled pork' i'd probably just rate it average as the ambience and decor are a bit of a downer. To top it all and keep you coming back, make use of their 'free meal' ticket, 5 meals gets you the sixth free.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Whitby, Canada
“Total Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were there for dinner on a Saturday night. We chose this restaurant because it was very close to our hotel-Best Western. We dined in the bar area.
Let me start off by saying the bartender tending us was excellent.
My daughter and I ordered the steak and this may go down as the worse dinner we have ever had. We ordered our steaks medium rare and mine came out 'blue' and I had to send it back. Our baked potato was at least 2 days old if not more!!!! The inside of the baked potato should be lovely white, fluffy and yummy. All three of our potatoes were brown and dried out, the lining inside the skin was actually black. I have never ever has rubbery, shriveled -up , brown asparagus. I am not kidding here, my steak knife could not cut it!! It looked like it was recooked a couple of times.
Shame Shame Shame Crabby Joe's!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I thought this might be a seafood place, but it is a hodge-podge of many things, none of them done well. My Pad Thai was botched with all sweet and no hot spice to it. When I commented, our friendly waitress brought a side of hot sauce and admitted that the cook made a mistake. My wife's Caesar salad had so much garlic it bit her tongue and her club sandwich was a disappointment. Other guests had burgers with goat cheese that they described as bad. The place is noisy, even when partly full, with loud music PLUS many TVs going. Will not go back

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Service was awful food was adequate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visited this summer on a trip to the Waterloo area. This was one of the worst dining experiences. Server totally forgot to order my food. Wait staff brought meals for others and then left. Had to flag down the server and ask about my food. Said she would check and then never returned. Flagged down another waiter and asked about food which I then received after my fellow diners plates were already cleared. Okay, I understand that mistakes are sometimes made. But then she brought the bill while I was still eating! No offer of dessert or coffee. No apology. Guess what that means? No return visit!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SkylarCanada
“Good wings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The wings were good. Typical bar experience. Would be a good place to go watch a game with some friends.

Visited June 2012