“Wonderful food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Langdon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 273 Restaurants in Cambridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Langdon Hall offers regional dishes and classical cuisine, served in an atmosphere of warmth and elegance. Meals are a pleasantly satisfying mingling of artistic display and hearty substance. The Dining Room at Langdon Hall has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award from AAA/CAA. Only a handful of restaurants from around the world earn this prestigious distinction. Come and taste the magic that acclaimed Chef Jason Bangerter is creating. With an exceptional wine cellar, Sommelier Kathleen Moore can recommend a wine pairing to go along with the wonderful seasonal menu. The dining room is a proud member of Ocean Wise, using sustainable seafood products and FeastON incorporating Ontario products and produce into the menu.
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My dinner consisted of Albacore tuna in leek ash; my wife had Digby scallop soup with fingerling potatoes. She had butter lobster; I had Lamb cannon (medallions) in beet powder. Her dessert was a Macadamia nut ricotta, mine was a honey soufflé with Earl Grey Crème anglaise. The petit fours were also delicious. For breakfast my wife had the pumpkin frittata, I had the lobster ragout. Both were ample and sumptuous, and the coffee was absolutely first-rate. The meals complemented a very enjoyable night in Langdon Hall hotel.

Visited January 2013

Cambridge, Ontario
“A great place to go for a special celebration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I took my daughter here for a special celebration. While I did find the wine a little pricey ($14 for the cheapest glass), the food was wonderful. The wait staff does not always pay close attention, the service is good. I would highly recommend this to anyone hoping to celebrate a special occasion!

WashingtonDC
“memorable dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I ate at Langdon Hall's restaurant for New Year's Eve, and while it was not your typical meal that is offered every day at this restaurant, I still thought it was a great culinary adventure with very welcoming service. (We also stayed at Langdon Hall for the night, but I'm doing a different review for the hotel and for the restaurant.)

We were able to talk to the manager beforehand, and got a amazing table right by a window at the front of the house overlooking the forest. Tables aren't normally set up in this area, but it still is a great seat. There were five courses, and they were all very delicious. But at the same time, with a restaurant like this, you're not just looking for good taste and execution, you're also looking for whether it was "special" or not. I would definitely say that a few of the dishes were "special," and that is a high compliment. The veal tartare and the braised lamb shoulder were particular standouts (pictures attached).

The service was also very personable and welcoming, without being too officious. Over the course of the meal, we got to know our server, and it made for a more memorable experience, that's for sure. The sommelier was also informative, and when we requested a bottle of one of the wines, it was in our room before we returned for the night.

While our dinner was not the typical dinner at Langdon Hall, we still had an amazing time and it made our New Year's very memorable. I can give that nothing less than five stars.

Toronto, Canada
“Buffet Breakfast Seriously”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

One of the joys of staying at a first class hotel is the leisurely morning breakfast. If the hotel is to be worthy of the price it charges, it requires going the distance for its patrons. My recent visit to Langdon hall, one of many over the past years, left me short. Langdon has always had a food table for guests to pick up the fresh baked croissants, jams, cheeses, fruits etc., basically a very nice continental breakfast. However, the real breakfast was in the short menu, that gave patrons the choices of, omelettes, eggs any style, waffles and the like, all cooked to order and served hot and with a smiling attendant. Alas, for reasons of expediency and cost, neither of which should be in the vocabulary of a serious first class establishment, we were relegated to a small table of cold baked beans, poached eggs that were finished, and french toast that any frenchman would speedily reject.
Before I visit again I will certainly be looking on the internet for the breakfast menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“An Afternoon Tea, An Experience To Share!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

An afternoon tea at Langdon Hall is expensive, but worth it! I had to do it at least once, if only to visit Langdon Hall, a place I have passed by as a child and wanted to visit. There are two types of afternoon tea, the only difference is with the Royal Tea you get a glass of champagne with your tea. A special celebration would best for the Royal Tea, a birthday, anniversary, or even retirement. An Afternoon tea consists of one tea, choose between thirteen varieties, all loose leaf, fresh tea leaves. The afternoon tea continues with freshly baked Buttermilk and Cranberry Scones served with Honey Butter (my favourite), House Made Preserves, and Devon Cream. There are a variety of Savories and Sweets served as well! Under savories we received Truffled Egg Salad on a Milk Roll, Black Forest Ham on Whole Wheat with Piccalilli and Honey, Watercress Mousse on Pumpernickel, and Smoked Salmon with Caper Butter on Challah. Under sweets, we received a Hazelnut Sable Linzer Cookie, a Vanilla Cream Gingerbread Sandwich, Maple Tart, and a piece of Fruit and Whiskey Cake. The next time I go, I will probably try the Organic Peppermint Herbal Tea, or the Lemon Verbena. Sometimes the names of these delicious savories and sweets could throw a person off trying them, don't let that stop you! Langdon Hall Staff were very attentive, and welcoming!!