“Great spot to hang out!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Great spot to hang out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

More of a pub than a restaurant in my opinion as the food menu is 2 pages, while the Beer menu is more like 15-16. We tried the wonton nachos and they are the best nachos I have ever had. The only downside is its popu
Arty. Forget having a private conversation as it is almost always super busy. My next attempt will be a lunch to see if it is any quieter. But it's a great / fun place and the staff appear to be well versed with the beers available.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Waterloo, Canada
“More overhyped then Facebook's IPO”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Been here twice and all I have to say is the food is poor, the atmosphere is painfully loud, and the prices are insane for the quality of food you are getting. Have fun.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, Canada
“Great beer, disppointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to Beertown on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend to celebrate a friends birthday. I felt bad for the people sitting around us, since there is NOTHING in the dining room to absorb any of the noise we were making. Our waiter was great, did a fantastic job of handling our group who arrived at different times. He took our drink orders within 2 minutes of us arriving and we had our drinks almost immediately. The beer menu is fantastic and there were LOTS of new beers to try out.
I ordered dinner with 3 other people, and none of us were happy with the meal. Two of us ordered the fish tacos, which were literally impossible to eat in taco-form, since the wraps just disintegrated as soon as you touched them. The fish was bland and was overpowered even by the avocado.
The burgers are inexplicably made from brisket instead of chuck, and were really dry and flavourless. Our salads were bland and boring - generally if you're calling something a roasted beet and arugula salad, I would expect to find more than 4 small pieces of beet.
For the quality of food we received, the prices were definitely too high.

As a whole, the menu doesn't really make a lot of sense for a beer joint. They'd be better off sticking to pub favourites and doing them really well. Who wants to eat sushi when they're drinking beer? I can't see myself eating here again.

Sidenote: They don't accept reservations on Friday or Saturday.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Want Beer?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I guess this is the place to be if you want to try different beers and don't mind the loud environment. We went here for a business dinner. Of course, I did try a couple of different beers. I also ordered a Chicken Ceasar Salad, which was very good. The waiter though did get lost we thought since it took quite a bit of time to get our beer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beer lovers - this is your place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to Beertown with some friends and had a great time. If you love beer, you will love this place. There are so many options to choose from that you just want to order all night! The food is really good. It is a little expensive for what you get (quantity), but if you only go out for dinner once in a while then it's probably not an issue.

My only complaint is the noise. The music was way too loud and I felt like I was in a bar.

• Visited July 2012