“Great bar area and fabulous oysters!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cambridge Mill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 266 restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Cambridge, ON
“Great bar area and fabulous oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I generally go to enjoy the oysters and mussels which are superb! The bar is cozy and the service is pleasant and attentive. The 100 mile greens are also fabulous and I highly suggest them as well. You don't need reservations to eat in the bar area and while you don't get the view - I prefer it's ambience to the restaurant or terrace.

• Visited April 2013

72% Recommend
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Avoid the Terrace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We decided on a Saturday night date at the Cambridge Mill Restaurant. While the food was excellent and the service friendly and attentive, the noise and "traffic" in the "terrace" room, where we were seated was distracting and disappointing. There is hardly anything to absorb the noise in this room of hard surfaces. The floor has a type of deck tiles that shift slightly each time anyone steps on them. One leg of my chair was one that was in a main "traffic lane" of the room. Each time anyone stepped on this tile my chair moved. The traffic was significant with many children at large parties in the room and "visiting" guests from special events upstairs coming in for a view.IF we return we will ask for a table in the dining room.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cambridge ont.
“Watch your credit card charge!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fourth Sunday Brunch visit. Easter brunch was same as usual except they charged more. Ran out of many things...long wait to get more.
BUT final blow.....
When I reserved I had to leave a credit card number and was assured it would not be used. Yesterday we found a $100. Charge on the card. Called them of course, young woman I spoke to said she would have the manager call me.....nothing yet,
SO BEWARE

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Classy; best restaurant vista in Waterloo Region”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My first visit to this restaurant was for lunch with friends February 16. I definitely want to go back.
This restaurant has the best vista by far in all of Waterloo Region.

First impressions: service comes to mind.

The restaurant and views are stunning. Food was very good.

The only thing that stuck out was observations about service.
We had lunch reservations for when the restaurant opens on Saturday. Not sure if they were actually restaurant staff, but it looked like staff were occupying the table with the best view in the restaurant from the time we sat down to the time we finished.
Our server was very friendly but the whole service experience seemed a little clunky.
I certainly didn't experience any of the service problems that others want to whine about though.

• Visited February 2013
Waterloo, Canada
“Stylish, Delicious with an incredible view~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have had the pleasure of visiting the newly renovated Cambridge Mill, on several occasions.
I have always been delighted walking up the stairs, and entering to a welcoming smile.
A hostess is always waiting, professional, and provides a lovely start.
I have visited with children, friends, and family- and always been seated quickly, given attention and respect. Mac 'n Cheese for the kids, is always requested- for only 7.00$
The food - is, incredible. We LOVE the oysters, and cannot stop at only a dozen.
Served fast, on the half shell, with fresh horseradish, hot sauce, lemon, vinaigrette..
The view at the bump-out of the dam is stunning, floor to ceiling windows!
So pleasant and so lovely:
We will definitely continue to visit!!!

• Visited January 2013