“Over rated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Kitchener, Canada
“Over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel from Saturday, Feb 21st to Sunday, Feb 22nd, in room 104, king size bed with jacuzzi. This room has very small space between bed and desk, no night table on the left side of bed. It was very hot inside, the heater worked but switching button to turn off the heat was broken, also the thermostat wasn't working. To stop the heat we had to unplug the unit. Hair found on the bathroom floor and on top of the toilet paper. The room was too noisy being not far from the reception area, people coming and going all night long and talking loud. When we got up in the morning the toilet wasn't flushing. I didn't want to change room because it was the only one available with jacuzzi and this was the reason my daughter and I went to this place, just to have a relaxing evening enjoying a jacuzzi bath. Before we left in the morning we reported to the reception the problems regarding the heater and toilet. For the sake of other guests I hope the problems got resolved.The cost of this room was close to $170 for the night but honestly this room was not worthed this amount. Not returning and not recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The remote wasn't working. I reported low batteries. I was given used batteries that didn't work properly...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for anniversary. Stayed in the new king suit with hot tub. Beautiful clean room with side patio area. Breakfast has a good selection. Staff members are always friendly and very helpful. The Bed was very comfortable especially the pillows.

• Stayed November 2014
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here with my daughter-in-law and baby granddaughter for 1 night. It was a spur of the moment trip. We needed something reasonably close to Guelph and we didn't want to pay a lot of money. This fit the bill.
Check in went smoothly. I had booked the room on line about 3 hours before arriving. The woman at the front desk was very friendly. We arrived about 9:30 p.m.
The room was a decent size which was good. Traveling with a baby we had lots of luggage and supplies with us. There were 2 queen sized beds which were extremely comfortable. I'm very picky about this and it's a top priority for me. We stayed on the second floor and it was very quiet. The room was clean. The bathroom could use some paint but it was clean so I was okay with that.
Continental breakfast consisted of hard-boiled eggs, bagels, toast, 2 kids of fruits, 4 kinds of cold cereal, muffins, instant oatmeal, apple and orange juice, coffee. I thought it was a nice selection. It is served until 10.
The only con I would mention was the chair by the table. It was so stained that I think it should have been thrown out or reupholstered. I certainly wouldn't sit on it!!
I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sarnia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Stayed here last weekend and was pretty disgusted ! The room was definitely not very clean. the bathroom was not cleaned well at all both times the maid was in there , hair all over floor that was there the whole weekend . I threw all the towels in tub to be replaced with clean ones only to discover that evening when I went to use a hand towel to dry my face that it was the same towel from night before with my makeup still on it , disgusted me ! It was hung up to look clean ! The faucets in sink and tub were never cleaned , water marks and toothpaste ( from my son) all over it still and rugs were not vacuumed once ! Also, the "breakfast", was brutal, stale bread and stale bagels ! Just gave me an idea of the overall cleanliness of hotel! It needs remodelling and cleaned up ! Worn furniture and paint peeling everywhere . The bar and grill attached to hotel which is not in any way affiliated to the hotel is called "Archie's ", it was great ! Good food and good people ! I won't ever stay at this hotel again ! Couldn't wait to get home to a clean place ! Wear your slippers if u do stay here !

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo? Share your experiences!