“Disappointing. . .” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointing. . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2004

I was disappointed in this hotel in more ways than one. I suppose the biggest disappointment was my own fault, I had figured somehow from the hotel's listing that there was a pool. THERE IS NO POOL. My mistake. This is a very small hotel at the heart of Cambridge's shopping & hotel strip. I say strip because there was a strip club right beside the hotel. Either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

There is very little parking, and chances are that the spot in front of your room is taken. There is no direct access to the rooms from the outside, but there are sliding patio doors that can only be opened from the inside. The track in mine was very dirty, making it hard to move.

The lobby is nice, although small, and is stocked with many issues of Maclean's for your reading pleasure. The hallway was dirty, smelled bad, and had a curiously low clearance. I almost had to duck (I'm 5'12"). My room had one king bed and a couch. On the outset it was clean. It was definetly big enough. It had all the amenities I needed (27" cable TV with most channels including comedy and even golf, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker). My parents had a good night's sleep on the king bed, but my night was a bit of a different story. I slept on the fold out couch. First of all, the blanket was covered with all sorts of cigarette burn holes, and the mattress was made without any attempt to change it. Second, there was nothing supporting the thin mattress other than the occasional bar, meaning that my entire body was resting on a few measly pieces of metal. Not a comfortable night indeed.

In the morning, they offered a Toronto Star, coffee, bagels and bread with the toaster to toast it, and prepackaged muffins. It was more than nothing, but not a meal.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't return to this hotel unless it was priced under 70$ (we paid 80$). The room was alright but DO NOT depend on the sofa bed.

• Stayed August 2004
MacSysNet, Guest Services Manager at Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo, responded to this review, July 5, 2007
The Travelodge Cambridge welcomes and appreciates all guest comments.

Our hotel has made numerous upgrades and renovations since this review was written, also as of early last year we are under new ownership.

We have replaced carpets, matresses, couches and linens, as well as repainted all interior walls. We have also upgraded our continental breakfast to include hard boiled eggs, your choice of three cereals, and croissants.

We no longer have an adult entertainment club as our neighbor. It was removed and a new Blackshop Restauraunt is now completing construction and is scheduled to open in September 2007.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)

Been to Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo

Address: 605 Hespeler Road, Cambridge, Ontario N1R 6J3, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Region of Waterloo > Cambridge
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo 2*
Cambridge's best value & service guaranteed! On business or leisure we want you to stay with us. Your stay includes complimentary buffet breakfast, Free Wireless Internet, tea/coffee and an abundance of in-room amenities. We also have our very own on-premise restaurant, Archie’s Bar & Grill. All of our rooms have an in-room fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. At the Travelodge Cambridge your stay is always our pleasure! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo Hotel Cambridge
Travel Lodge Cambridge
Cambridge Travel Lodge
Cambridge Travelodge
Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo Ontario

If you own or manage Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.