“Fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
lil_kim1111
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My group has stayed at this location before and they have always been accomodating and provide excellent service! We will be staying again!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Never book the Travellodge in Cambridge, Ontario. I can't believe how disappointed we were with this hotel. It was an eye sore from the minute we drove up. The windows looked cloudy from the outside, cigarette butts were all around. It is very run down and dated.
When we entered the room and the smell of cleaning supplies was too much and within 5 minutes I had a headache. There were stains on the chair, the windows had mold around them. The bathtub was stained with dirt. The lamp shades have yellowed over time. Everything in the room looked like it hadn't been updated since 1985. The first concern was bed bugs, the mattresses were checked to find a hole in the sheets. The sheets were very thin along with the towels. Everything needs to be replaced.
We could not stay at this hotel.
We inquired immediately about a refund but was told there was nothing that could be done. We were booked for two nights.
We contacted other hotels immediately and found one for only $14.00/night more including breakfast (I would rate the new hotel at a 5/5). I had a wonderful sleep and know where to stay next time.
I would never recommend the Travellodge in Cambridge, Ontario to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011
rjessani, General Manager at Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our hotel and staff I apologize for the lack luster experience. We greatly value the input, comments and experiences shared by our guests and appreciate the time you have taken to address your concerns. Currently, we are in the process of renovating the hotel, as part of our improvement plan for the year; this process entails updating all our windows, doors and patio entrances. In doing so, our aim is to be an entirely Eco-Friendly property and improve the overall esthetics of the premise. We are also in the process of updating our lighting fixtures, bed spreads, and curtains. Through our bedbug inspection program (done through Abell Pest Control) I can assure you that our mattresses are bed bug free. Although cigarette butts are inevitable where garbage cans are accessible, please note that we do have strictly designated non-smoking areas within our compounds. We do thorough inspections of our rooms to ensure housekeeping standards are in accordance with strict guidelines. However, we thank you for bringing to our attention some housekeeping issues that would have resulted in an oversight on our part and we will be enforcing stricter guidelines to avoid future mishaps to maintain optimum cleanliness of our rooms. Again, we value the feedback we receive from our guests, rest assured the comments do help us change and update our guidelines and procedures to constantly improve the quality of our hotel. We are working to improve the components you have mentioned and I would like to assure you that if you should choose to visit again, we would be happy to provide you with the quality and excellent customer service that we pride ourselves on.

Travelodge Cambridge-Waterloo
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have to write a review of this hotel staff. They made my stay more comfortable and are the most caring, compassionate staff I've ever seen. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable during a very difficult time in my life. I was there to attend my 4 year old grandaughter's funeral. Like I said they made my stay so much easier for me. I don't know all the staff by name. One of them was the housekeeper Nicole. So kind and comapssionate. front desk staff and others were such great help as well. They went out of their way to make my stay a little more manageble. Thank you so much. Proved to me that there are still alot of great people out there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We booked this hotel using Hotwire. The price turned out being the same as if you booked through other websites that allow you to see the hotel like Expeidia.ca

They need new Beds, thats about it. You can't ask for much when your not paying a lot.

Pretty good Continental Breakfest from 6am - 10am

Make it Party Everytime you go out!!!

JP

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Excellent front desk service, Clean rooms, Free breakfast, Ample parking space. Needed additional amenities, ( towel, soap ) diligently provided. I would recommend to stay in Travelodge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

After reading the previous reviews we booked a 2 night stay here. When we checked in the desk person could not find our reservation, we had to give him the number and he found it on some other computer. Our room (119) needed a complete re-do. The walls and ceiling looked as if they hadn't seen paint in many years. The carpet was thread bare and dirty, needed to be changed or at least cleaned. The king bed was very soft, almost uncomfortably soft, like maybe it was old and needed to be replaced. The pillows were really bad. All the furnishings were old and dated. The TV was old, the picture was fuzzy. The bathroom was dimly lit, had mold around the tub, both drains in the tub and sink were EXTREMELY slow. We mentioned the drain problem to the desk but nothing was done. Taking a shower in a foot of nasty water is not very comfortable!! The overall lighting in the room was very bad, seemed like all the fixtures had 40W bulbs. The exterior of the motel was NASTY, weeds growing up all around the walls, the parking lot was cracked and weeds growing through the cracks. The entire parking lot needed to be swept to get rid of broken glass and rubble. The continental breakfast was decent. Good for a quick coffee and bowl of cereal in the morning. Overall, we were very disappointed in the stay, not sure where the other reviewers were staying but from reading their reviews I don't think it could be at this motel. We travel Canada a lot but we will never stay at another Travelodge. I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thornhill, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly. The place is clean but worn. It is spartan but does not sparkle. Parking is very tight. Typical one star.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo? Share your experiences!