Recently my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Langdon Hall. We were there to celebrate the impending birth of our first child and Langdon Hall made it wonderful!
The grounds are immaculate and interesting. We enjoyed the vegetable garden, the salt water pool and a drink (they have great mocktails!) on the patio for dinner. There is a rustic feel to the grounds while maintaining elegance and grace.
Our room was very nice. We had a walk-out to the back and a private patio which was lovely. We were able to walk directly to the pool and vegetable garden without going through the house. The wood fireplace was a nice touch. The only criticism on the room was the bed. While the linens were great the mattress and bed were worn. It is time to replace the mattress.
The restaurant and the food was exceptional. We loved the food and the service was polite, efficient and real. Everything from the amuse bouche to dessert was perfectly prepared, presented, and flavoured.
I enjoyed the spa as well. Their packages are very well put together and it was a wonderful morning. The tea room is very comfortable with a nice selection of teas, coffee, and light snacks. The facial and the pedicure were done very well with a high attention to detail and sanitation. The massage was wonderful. A pregnancy massage was made available with pillows to prop me (and my pregnant belly) appropriately. As my feet and ankles had started to swell the therapist did Lymphatic drainage which worked fantastically. The therapist was attentive to my individual needs and made sure I had a wonderful and therapeutic experience.
We would highly recommend Langdon Hall.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association with the Grands Chefs designation, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 52 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario and named on the 2010 S. Pellegrino Worlds Best Restaurants with a #77 ranking. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. In 2011 the readers of Condé Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the Number #1 hotel in Canada and #42 in the world. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.