“Excellent food & excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 266 restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Excellent food & excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

You have to try their homebread and homemade sauce. The pasta is to dye for. The caesar salad had grilled romaine and incredible dressing. The servers and the owner stopped by every course to make sure everything is perfect.
If you havent been then you need to go and try. But make a reservation. They fill up every weekend night.

87% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My spouse and I visited in summer 2013 and had one of the best meals we have every had. The place lacks curb appeal, but when the food is this good, who cares? Not me! My Caprese salad was as good as I've had anywhere (and I've had some really good ones), and my spouse and I agreed that the Gnocchi Amatriciana is to die for. Service was fine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Italian home-style at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Meals are delicious, the atmosphere is warm, and the staff is friendly. It is a genuine Italian experience. I will be coming back here for sure.
Meals are not expensive, and well worth the price

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, Canada
“Best homemade Italian food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The homemade bread pasta and eveything being so fresh is what makes this little tucked away gem such a great find. They don't even advertise as they are already so busy. Definitely make a reservation just in case, but they can also be quiet on occasion as well.
For my birthday dinner, I enjoyed the ravioli with smoked salmon and chorizo, and my fiance had the ribs special. Both of us were quite pleased. They have excellent wines however the drinks are priced a bit high. And we finished off with a coffee and a homemade tiramisu, which was also delicious.
We highly recommend the soups and grilled caesar salad was delicious with a bacony-balsamic dressing. And of course the homemade bread. Portions are large, especially if you eat the bread ahead of time. Plan to take home a doggie bag.
In our opinion the only drawback is that the tables are so close together that there is not a lot of privacy for a romantic dinner. But if you are a foodie, the taste well makes up for it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridge, Canada
“great food ....but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was really good, however the service or lack of is all our party could talk about afterwards. It wasn't all that busy when our party of 6 sat down. Took awhile for someone to take our drink orders, and even longer for us to order some appetizers, and when we did want to order our appz, we were told to order our main meal at the same time or we could be waiting a very long time for our main course.
Not what a bunch of easy going, having a good time kind of table wanted to hear. We had planned on having a couple of cocktails before dinner, but ended up not. Appetizers came sporadically, a missed order (salad) that didn't come until everyone else was done theirs, with no apology.
Food was really good, no complaints at all and nothing but good things to say about that part of our experience.
When we were done with our main meals, we wanted to see a desert menu and have some coffee........we waited, and waited, and waited....and waited some more. Finally my wife went up to the front and asked for our bills, and again, we waited and waited and waited.....by this time we were all getting pretty agitated and all made our way to the front to pay.
Maybe it was a one off kinda night, but I am in no hurry to rush back and spend that kind of money for a sub par experience. (though we still did have good time in spite of the service)

• Visited July 2013