“Not what I remember as a child from this chain” 2 of 5 stars

(905) 333-5611
Improve this listing
Ranked #281 of 367 Restaurants in Burlington
Toronto Ontario
“Not what I remember as a child from this chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I drove all the way here although there was a closer location in my city because my boyfriend and I felt like a Saturday drive. We had the breakfast buffet for 12.99 (drinks extra). The bill came up to less than 35.00. At that price you would think it may be average, but how bad could it possible be?...Right?...Wrong!! The food was cold. The server did not offer the other options to us such as eggs the way you want them. We realized it afterwards (upon hearing her offer other people the option), but had already finished eating at that time. They did not have what have become usual options for a breakfast restaurant. No sweetener on the table, or whipped cream with the waffles (which again was carried out after). The eggs at the buffet had a neon tinge to them and tasted like the powdered eggs (done poorly). Coffee was fresh and constantly replenished by the staff. The fruit and dessert was fresh and nicely laid out. The bacon was good, and there was plenty of it, but I doubt I would go back for dessert coffee and bacon.

I feel bad for the staff. If the food quality was slightly higher, the place had a facelift (I hate restaurants that lack privacy) and maybe some music playing in the background (it was so quiet I could hear the conversation of people across the restaurant), it may not be a bad place. Also they need to be a little more welcoming and forthcoming with information instead of assuming that people already know about their restaurant.

If I went back I would order off the menu, real eggs, bacon and coffee.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“This place is so bad it feels like a movie set spoof on a terrible restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Tacky, out of date decor. Desperately in need of a remodel.

Service is slow, although one poor server was covering the whole joint on a weekday morning and they experienced an unexpected rush.

The food was horrible!! For a breakfast joint, you'd expect poached eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast to be within their scope. Inedible.

Go to Smittys. Seriously.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Decent Service Overshadowed by Horrible Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Went to this Restaurant on Father's Day and took a chance on the $12.99 Breakfast Buffet. I never have high expectations for Buffet food as it is mass produced and not made to order, but sometimes they are nice to satisfy the inner glutten. However, the food at this Buffet was exceptionally awful. And it takes a lot for me to say that, as I am usually easily satisfied. The food was cold, the best we could hope for was almost warm. And we had to wait a while for it as they did not replenish the heating trays often enough. While I was waiting for the painfully slow toaster to toast my food. One of the kithcen staff came up to me and asked if there was anything the matter. I said I was just waiting for the toast. To which she replied "oh ok good. I was worried because we have had many complaints today." That was not reassuring at all. I could go on about how bad this experience was but I will refrain.

• Visited June 2011