“Nice family meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Calgary
“Nice family meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went for a family meal this evening, and found the service friendly and helpful, and accommodating to one of our party who has allergies, which was very much appreciated. We ordered both individual and shared platters, which were quite generous in portion, such that we had food to bring home for tomorrow's lunch. The meats were seasoned and prepared nicely, still moist and tender. The waitress said that the potatoes and rice both were prepared with margarine in them, which I would suggest might be better prepared with olive oil, particularly given the quantity of margarine that was used. The salad served with the meal was fresh and the dressing flavourful, and our grand-daughter liked it, though usually passes up salad. The baklava seemed less than fresh, but was returned to the kitchen without question. All in all, this was a nice meal (3.5 would be my overall rating, if I could give it), and was a good value for the money. We arrived at 5 PM, and by the time we left the restaurant was packed and people were waiting at the entrance to get a seat. A very popular place, it would appear. A good place to take a family. The place is large and quite open, so expect some din. My husband, who has a hearing aide, was not disturbed by the noise, and remarked that the high ceilings helped absorb the sound, though my daughter-in-law, found the noise a bit much. The decor was quite pleasing and seating comfortable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Auckland, New Zealand
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went for a nice lunch with a friend on a Sunday. They have great food and the tahziki is the best I've ever had (garlicky- so make sure you have some gum to mask it later!)

Visited January 2013
Burlington
“A rare experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Elegant yet unpretentious. Food was superb as was the service. We go there on special occasions and have purchased gift certificates as presents, so confident are we the experience will not shame us!

Visited February 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Best Greek Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Consistantly great food, generous portions, beautiful decor, spacious dining room. Only complaint, too much noise. Recommend something be added to absorb sound.

Visited November 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Great service, great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years eve, reservations were for 6:00 p.m. We arrived on time and were seated immediately, what a pleasant surprise. Our waitress was fantastic, [wish I got her name]. She was courteous, helpful and with a great smile. A special menu was shown for New Years eve, I had my heart set on the filet of sole which was not on this special menu, but the waitress made sure the kitchen would accommodate me. My dinner guest ordered the moussaka, [tastier then what I had in Athens] we shared both. The service was excellent. The meal was delicious. I have been here many times and have never been disappointed with the service and the food.
It was fun sitting after dinner people watching, we were not rushed.
The only negative thing about the restaurant is the noise, poor acoustics......isn't that what they call atmosphere?

• Visited December 2012