“Cute gimmick inside. Service sluggish at best, food is awful” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #265 of 389 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Cute gimmick inside. Service sluggish at best, food is awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My son and I arrived at 4:30 on a Saturday. There was almost no one inside although the patio was partially busy.

We waited awkwardly at the front for at least 5 min before someone said to seat ourselves and they'd be right over.

They didn't come back.

After 10 minutes someone from the bar area took our drink order and disappeared.

Someone else eventually brought our drinks and introduced herself as our server explaining that the other person's shift had ended and they went home. The service improved noticeably after this point.

In just for a light snack we ordered some nachos and cheese and some boneless chicken wings. We waited a long time for order to arrive and when it did the chicken was so overcooked it was ineditable, the nachos had been overcooked completely were stuck in one big clump of dried up cold cheese.

I will take partial blame for arriving at 4:30 pm as obviously it is not a dinner rush time and probably right in between staff changes between shifts.

When the server eventually came by to check in on us, I told her that the food really wasn't very tasty at all. She very graciously offered to have it made over again in the kitchen and took it all back. She said that a manager would be right over to talk to us. Although the manager never did come, he did take the chicken off of our bill and they replaced the food. The second time around was certainly better but nothing great.

I've seen in the evenings their patio is packed. It looks like a really fun, spirited bar to go for a few laughs and some drinks. I don't think it's ideally suited for dining however.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Some of the bouncers r ignorant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I would cautious if you choose this place. When it rains and you slip on the floor, then apparently it means your drunk. Oh and if they smell alcohol on your breath, your drunk. It is bar, it was raining, I was not drunk, I think you we're rude for making assumptions when someone has a medical condition. Shame on you

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Dark,dingy restuarant/bar with a terrible menu. I could not find anything healthy or even edible ...everything is fried!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Ii's also noisey and dirty, certainly not an inviting. I've gone on 3 seperate occasions over the years to give it another chance but it remains the same. It is a bar......not a resturant. Suppose it's okay if you don't mind dark, dingy & only want beer & wings......I don't want either

Visited July 2012
Burlington
“A meat market in the summer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's a sports bar that turns into a raucous dating bar during the summer months when the patio is open. Food unremarkable pub fare. Not a place I'd want to spend an evening unless I was single and under 30.

Waterdown, Canada
“been there done thatx2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

younger scean with live music ,gas station interior upstairs and weekend dance party below>>>food is a good portion and specials on food are reasonable

Visited September 2012