“Be back for more” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Grill & Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 369 restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walkers Line & QEW
“Be back for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly restaurant was not fully packed as in OpenTable (could only book a table at an hour and half later). Very pleased with the seafood dishes ordered, they were freshly prepared and cooked with the right tastes to us. Wine recommended was unforgettable to pair with. Oh did I mention mussels? Love it.

Visited April 2013

81% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went here tonight and was really looking forward to some fish and chips. Since it was Good Friday, I called ahead on Tuesday and made a reservation. When we arrived 10 minutes early, the girls at the front seemed very confused when looking for our reservation, but assured us that they were running slightly behind and we would have to wait 10 minutes past our reservation time ... so a total of 20 minutes ...that was a little irritating, but not that big a deal, so we stood there and waited. In the meantime, I watched numerous other people come in with their reservation and get seated right away. I found this odd, so I asked why we weren't being seated too, and only then (after standing there for 15 minutes) were we told that we didn't have a reservation in their computer system. Why they couldn't have told us this initally, I do not know. At that point I told them I had called and spoken to someone on Tuesday, and the girl somewhat rudely suggested I had called the wrong restaurant by mistake (there is another restaurant called Jakes about 40 minutes away). I knew I didn't as I had the information stored in my phone, so she got the manager, who suggested the same thing, and acted as if it was my fault because I didn't get an email confirmation (how is that my fault when they didn't ask me for my email address?!?!)

Anyways, I suppose the manager could sense that my irritation was quickly elevating because he immediately got us a table and told us our drinks would be free. That was good managing on his part, but the situation still left me upset for my dinner. The food was decent, although not as good as I have had on previous visits to this restaurant.

While we were waiting to be seated, the girls at the front desk turned away at least 4 families, telling them it was a 3 and a half hour wait without a reservation, but while we were eating, I watched as 2 tables sat empty for 45 minutes, and another one for 20 minutes.

I don't know if they were just flustered because it was a busy holiday, or what, but I was disappointed with my evening. The only reason why I didn't rate this as terrible was because they did take 30% off our final bill, which was appreciated. Maybe they need to move to some sort of online reservation system, and be more upfront with their customers in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went there on Wednesday night and had their Happy Hour menu. We had calamari duo (pretty good albeit small) the coconut shrimp (very good) as well as the crab cake (it was good) and the spicy tomato mussels a little too spicy for me but good overall). I think the atmosphere is decnt and the service was pretty good. I would go back for a casual impromptu snack and drink again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great seafood and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Jake's has a great selection of fish dishes, a variety of shellfish entrees, and an amazing list of appetizers (the calamari is the best that I have tasted). There is also a great selection of non seafood items such as burgers, steaks, and chicken dishes; this was good since I had a non seafood person in my party. The prices are good during regular times, but if you want to get a great deal, go during happy hour (3 to 6 on weekdays and 4 to 6 on weekends) for discount prices on appetizers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Best Calamari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Service is really good. We started with the Calamari. Food was fresh, fast & flavorful. Half way through, the front Manager came and asked how we were doing. Classy touch! After dinner on the way out the staff thanked us for dinning with them Now that's good customer service.

Visited March 2013