“Really enjoyed eating here, great staff and food. ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 372 Restaurants in Burlington
Cork, Ireland
“Really enjoyed eating here, great staff and food. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

There are a number of restaurants in a row and they are just over the road from the holiday Inn I was staying at, in an attempt to avoid the hotel 'restaurant' at all costs, I tried these places out. Although Boston pizza is a chain you could see that the staff take pride in this place everyone is very friendly. It's not fine dinning or potentious and their menu might as well be re-labeled as a food encyclopaedia, everything I tried was great. The chicken Chipotle salad comes with my recommendation. I will visit here again for sure if I'm back in the area.

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Maria the bartender is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My buddy and I came in late night for a few drinks at the bar. Maria the bartender knows customer service. She was very entertaining and knew exactly how to deal with my buddy and I. We met in the US Marines years ago and we like to kid around a bit. Maria was up for the challenge. The restaurant or bar itself was great. I'm a fan of Boston Pizza so when you get the right staff you have a winning combination.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Canada
“Very welcoming to large groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently hosted my brother's birthday party here. Having worked in the restaurant industry for years, I fully expected not to be able to get a reservation on a Saturday night but decided to call ahead anyway (to at least warn them of the large group). I was very excited to be told they could in fact take my reservation.

The day of the party I called in the morning (approx 10:30am) to ask if it would be possible to bring a cake. The gentlemen who answered the phone said this would be no problem. When I pulled up to the restaurant (10:45am) I was worried that nobody would let me in because they weren't open yet, but the same man was waiting at the door for me. He also was thoughtful enough to ask if there was anything special needed to store the cake for the day (was it an ice cream cake that needed freezer space etc.).

When our group of 15-20 arrived that night the hostess had the table already set up, our server was friendly and prompt. She even recommended pitchers because they were cheaper but advised they could not be split on multiple bills (smart way to save an argument later). She quickly found out who the birthday boy was and there was no problem having the cake brought out with all the candles lit. I realize this isn't a difficult task, but when the restaurant isn't making any money off the dessert you sometimes don't get great service in it being presented.

I ordered the seafood fettecini (a favourite of mine) and it was great. No complaints there. Everyone else at the table seemed to be satisfied with their meals.

We ended up staying pretty late chatting and enjoying the bar. I know my brother really enjoyed himself, which was my biggest priority.

Thanks Boston Pizza!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful pizza - we tried the Boston special this time but usually have the Meateor with whole wheat crust. The salads (spinach and Caesar) are well prepared and plentiful. Will return soon.

Visited February 2014
Toronto
“Good and bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went to Boston Pizza as a fourth resort. Only because I didn't want a chain but everything was full. Saturday without reservations in Burlington is not such a good idea, who knew, apparently only me and my daughter. Finally settled here on our weekly date night. Bar had a party but the wood was deserted. Sat there and was greeted with no enthusiasm. Cleaning glasses seemed to be more important. After torturing over the menu for 15 minutes decide on the steak, only to be told they were out. Asked if there was anything else I should know about. The answer was no. (They were out of spaghetti!). Was seriously getting frustrated.until the new bartender showed up. WHAT a difference... Talked to my daughter, talked to me, made jokes, flirted ...with my 9 yr old . . Totally made our night enjoyable and worthwhile. Even helped me with my daughter when she got trapped in the toilet without paper.

• Visited February 2014