“Dim Sum favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 369 restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All you can eat sushi
“Dim Sum favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Dim Sum place in Mississauga moved so I had to find a new place. I read reviews about August 8 and based on those reviews I did not try it. Finally I could stand it no longer. I had to have Dim Sum so I broke down and went to August 8. This is a small restaurant on the west side of Brant Street just south of Fairview in Burlington, Ontario. I don't know who wrote the reviews that I had read but boy were they wrong.

Lovely restaurant, nice atmosphere. The parking lot is very small and tight, however I would willingly park down the road and walk. Lunch Monday to Friday is 14.99 plus tax, lunch on weekend 15.99 plus tax. This is for all you can eat. Check the website to confirm prices. I have only ever been there for lunches and I have only ever had Dim Sum. The food and the service was excellent. If you want wonderfully fresh delicious Dim Sum this is the place for you.

The restaurant is always busy but I have never had to wait.

I can now stop searching for my new Dim Sum restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“Variety is fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Here's the thing ... I know that 10$ of sushi will fill me up. But it is nice to have the freedom to try a little bit of a lot of things. So sometimes you want All you can eat sushi. Good for the kids too ... They can try stuff. I am glad they are willing to do so!

August 8 has good food and lots of choices. Maki were nice and full. Sashimi and sushi could have been thicker and tastier, but they were good. Tempura was tasty. Beef was pretty good.

I would def go back. Perhaps at lunch .. Little cheaper and most of the same choices as dinner. Enough for me anyway.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Have never been disapointed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Good food with excellant service. Been a few times and have always had a good time. It's a little pricey at around $30 per person including tip and tax, without any drinks. Most of the time when I want sushi, I go to a little place in Hamilton that has a large selection of large bento boxes for $8 to $10 including soup and salad. August 8 is more of a dining experience where the bento box place is more like a diner.

Visited December 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend making a reservation on Friday or Saturday night. The service was on the slow side, but the food was good value for the money. Order the dim sum early, as it takes longer to cook. It wasn't the best Sushi, but it was okay.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria
“Very Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I dropped in for lunch on a Tuesday. Service was excellent throughout and considering that the food is both dim sum and sushi, the dishes arrived in a timely fashion - not sure if this is true when it is busy. We like the idea of one price and you can order anything. Notice I said order. If you are here to gorge, it's really not the right place for you. You would be happier at the Mandarin which is close by. Overall food quality is good and we had both dim sum and sushi dishes. Though my wife would not touch them, I do have a fondness for chicken feet!!! My one and only gripe is the tea. Please serve it in a pot. Having a tea bag in a cup is not in keeping with a fine Asian eatery.

• Visited November 2012