“Horrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Burlington, Canada
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wasted one of our rare lunch dates on this place. It started off good, with the drinks. After ordering beer and an iced tea, we were ignored, given the wrong appetizer after waiting 45 minutes. Therefore, we ended up waiting over an hour for our appetizer. We tried to get away from our server by asking to dine on the patio. This was before we received our appetizers. Unfortunately, she continued as our waitress, hence the horrible experience. To make matters worst, we were also stuck outside where it was chilly and hazy with smokers. The only good thing was that we were comped for the appetizer. Never again.

gsandhu2, Owner at Ye Olde Squire, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I apologize for your experience and I am disappointed in the service that you received and I appreciate the feedback. However your feedback is based upon an experience that you had last summer? Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues that you had and confirm your time line and make it right for you. Thanks for your time.

Burlington, Canada
“Great Place To Meet Friends For A Drink Any Evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant/bar is a great place to meet friends after work for drinks. The staff is very friendly, the drinks are always great and if you are sports fan, there a re sufficient monitors to keep you updated on your favourite sports. Note: this is where the Glasgow Celtic's Burlington fan club meets weekly, so if you are a Glasgow Ranger fan - beware!!!! The only downside to this place is that they play the music much too loud.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
gsandhu2, Owner at Ye Olde Squire, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! I'm so glad that you enjoy the pub! I'm sorry that the music was too loud. We will be more aware of the levels as we want to ensure the music does not intrude on your dining experience. However, I cannot apologize for the Celtic Club! We bleed green at Squires! See you soon.
Burlington, Ontario
“A bit of a disappointment...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have to say that as a British Ex-pat that has visited most of the pubs in Burlington, I had high expectations for the Ye-Olde Squire but my visit left me with a sour note. The staff were friendly and the price was reasonable but the food was anything but British in my opinion. The food didn't taste like it should for British pub fare and don't order the Sticky Toffee Pudding as it is nothing like you expect. Overall there are other better pubs in the city.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
gsandhu2, Owner at Ye Olde Squire, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi. Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. Although we are a British Pub, our food is not typically British fare but more. My chef and partner Steven Lightfoot was trained in England and we enjoy creating food that is bold in flavors and presents a twist on typical pub fare. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is not a traditional pudding that you would find in England (which you correctly pointed out), but our own version of it. It has been on our menu for 6 years and remains our most popular dessert. Our curries are authentic and everything is made from scratch and I know there are items that you would love. Please contact me as I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business once again and I will recommend some thing that I am sure you will enjoy. Thank you.
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite pubs ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I make sure we visit ye old squire every time we visit Burlington. The last time we went in was over the holidays. We decided to be adventurous this time my husband tried the liver and onions. This was his first time trying liver ever. He said it was pretty good. I decided to try the bangers and mash. This was also a first for me and I quite enjoyed it. The service was fantastic!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
gsandhu2, Owner at Ye Olde Squire, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
It was really awesome to read your kind words. Thank you! I hope to speak to you personally the next time you are in town! I appreciate our business.
Ontario
“Incredible food, the best Chefs in town!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Freshest ingredients, great quality, unbelievable flavor and freshness!! The best fish n chip I have ever had, rich gravy, superb sandwiches, fresh cold beer,,,who can ask for more :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
gsandhu2, Owner at Ye Olde Squire, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your comments! My partner Chef Lightfoot and his brigade in the kitchen take a great deal of pride in preparing your favorite food! See you soon!