“Can't believe it's Vegan and Gluten FREE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lettuce Love Cafe

Lettuce Love Cafe
399 John Street, Burlington, Ontario L7R 2K3, Canada (Formerly Kindfood)
+1 905-637-2700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 373 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Vegan, Healthy, Café, Organic
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Welcome to the Award Winning LETTUCE LOVE CAFE. We are Canada's first and only 100% Gluten-free Vegan Restaurant, and we are Burlington's healthiest food option. Consistently rated #1 by Reader's Choice Awards. All our food is made with the freshest natural ingredients. Our produce is organic and locally harvested whenever available. Our service is award-winning and the friendliest you'll find. Our intimate, relaxed and cozy restaurant and patio is just steps away from the beautiful waterfront. Visit our Award Winning 100% Gluten-free Vegan bakery, Kelly's Bake Shoppe is just one block north on Brant St. Awesome healthy food has never tasted so good! #EatBetter
Georgetown, Canada
“Can't believe it's Vegan and Gluten FREE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter has Celiac so is forced to be gluten free and vegan is her choice. We found it difficult to find "good" vegan and gluten free food until she heard and tried Kindfood and told me about it. We now go every weekend, travelling from Georgetown and Port Credit!

I think Kindfood are absolute genius with their recipes! I was sceptical at first because I never really liked vegan or gluten free food; always seemed to have a funky taste. I am blown away with how delicious everything is that I have tried, which is almost all their menu; I can't believe it's vegan and gluten free! I've actually brought stuff home on occasion to force my friends to try and they are also blow away!

We are big fans of Kindfood and several of us go there all the time now.

Also, the staff and servers are absolutely delightful, so happy and friendly!

P.S we always go to Kelly's Bakery every weekend too!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
forksontheroad, Owner at Lettuce Love Cafe, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We're glad to have surpassed your expectations, just keep telling the world!

“Lives up to previous great reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

On the strength of the previous reviews, I decided to try takeout from this restaurant. It is conveniently located in downtown Burlington, a block east of Brant, steps from Lakeshore.

I called to verify but offered tickets and spoke with a female employee. She was friendly and helpful tips. I ordered the goddess bowl on her recommendation and attended ten minutes later for pickup. On site, the status friendly demeanor continued and I found them to be professional and efficient. A few comments about the restaurant itself: I would classify it as a bistro style, with a lively atmosphere although a bit crowded for my taste between the tables as patrons awaiting pickup and seating.

Now to the food: I am not a vegan or vegetarian so my assessment will be relative to foods of all types (ie not just versus bean sprouts and tofu). The Goddess Bowl was very good and I would have no hesitation to recommend this to non vegetarians. The dish is described on the website menu so I won't repeat that hut suffice to say it is as described and very good.

I paid approximately $19 for the dish and a bottle of water which I think was a fair price for the quality of the dish.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the great review.
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Kindfood is terrific vegan gluten free food. With so many limited choices out there for those of us who are vegan AND gluten free, this restaurant is truly awesome. The food is flavorful, creative, and reasonably priced. The addition of wine and beer is a nice bonus. My fiancée and I visit regularly and make it a point to stop there every time we pass by.

Visited August 2013
forksontheroad, Owner at Lettuce Love Cafe, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Lisa! Thanks so much for the incredible review. We really appreciate you spreading the love:)
Hamilton, Canada
“Delicious food that almost makes me feel I could go vegan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went to lunch here today following some reviews online, looking for vegetarian and / or vegan (and healthy) for one person in our small group who has a restricted diet due to illness. This is a great little spot, very busy, but for good reason. The menu is absolutely mouth-watering and frankly, the food is not only beautifully presented but also fabulous. I'm not saying that this omnivore is ready to cast off her animal-derived products, but with food like this, I can understand why I don't need as many of them, all of the time. Some might find it pricey for a lunch, but you get what you pay for and the meal was worth every penny (or should I say nickel these days). Well done folks. I will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
forksontheroad, Owner at Lettuce Love Cafe, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for trying us and experiencing how amazing animal-free can be. There's something great about eating healthy:)
“Local, Organic, Gluten-free, and Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've eaten here several times this summer. Each menu item is absolutely delicious (the bread is incredible!), and definitely worth the 40 minute drive from Toronto!! We have a vegan, gluten intolerant family member, so eating out is often a challenge, but eating here is something we really look forward to! The staff are fun and friendly, and the location is beautiful... Just a few minutes walk to the Burlington waterfront. I know we'll be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the great review. We're glad we knocked it out of the park for you every time.
See you soon:)