“food is great BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 234 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Bistro, Family Fare
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Dine at this Symposium Cafe Brantford Ontario restaurant located directly in the Comfort Inn Hotel on busy King George Road, directly on Highway 403. This Symposium Cafe Restaurant location is conveniently located near Highway 403 and minutes from Cineplex Odeon Theatres.This Brantford Ontario location seats 145 indoors and over 70 seats in a scenic stunning patio, a private 60 seat bar lounge and a 25 seat private room. We specialize in Large Group settings and accommodate last minute dining functions fairly easily Hope to see you soon at this Brantford Ontario Symposium Cafe restaurant. • Beautiful Restaurant Decor • Scenic Patio Dining • Fully Licensed Bar Lounge • Private Dining Room • Located directly at Highway 403 • Located directly in the Comfort Inn Complex • Open Early Mornings 7 Days per week • Open Late Nights - Dining Available until Close • 7-Days of Promotions • Award Winning Concept Restaurant
Brantford, Canada
“food is great BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Food was very good, but the service was lacking, coffee cup was dirty, only some utensils, had to ask for the rest. had to ask for condiments 3 times. toast arrived but I had ordered brown toast and received white. soon remedied but not the point. had to go looking for a coffee refill
sorry we wont be back.....

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brantford, Canada
“The Most Atrocious Service Ever Encountered!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I recently visited the Brantford location for Mother's Day and was appalled at the mediocre service we received. I can usually tolerate quite a bit but I can't believe the total lack of service we received that day. We arrived at 1000 am on mother's day and were seated on the patio with menus. It took a half an hour to even get a waitress to get drink orders taken. We were told that the kitchen was understaffed which I can understand however it was Mother's Day and perhaps, in preparation, up staff on these very busy days! Finally we put in our drink and food orders all at once. Received our drinks fairly quickly and then our endless wait for our food began. We ended up waiting an hour and a half to get our food. In the meantime, not once did we have a waitress come over and refresh our drinks. When I finally did see a waitress, she again said that they were understaffed and apologized and said she would send the manager over. We never saw this cowardly manager. What kind of leadership does this restaurants have where the manager doesn't have the courage to face his customers to explain the subpar service? When we finally got our food, I asked for the receipt at the same time. After examining the bill, I could not believe that nothing was comped or discounted for this atrocious service. I told the waitress that and she said the manager could only do that and asked if the manager had come to speak to us. I told her he hadn't. So after a breakfast of about 2.5 hours we left, thinking that the inside dining area was probably very busy. When we entered, the restaurant was half empty and there were probably 15 people waiting for seats. I could not believe this! And on top of it all, I got a sunburn as I had not expected to be our in the sun for so long. This has been a terrible experience, with mediocre service, management and frankly, bland food. I will never return to this restaurant again and I will make sure that all my acquaintances know never to dine there. Frankly, I think the so called manager in the Brantford restaurant should be fired!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Family lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our family from Texas wanted to take 11 of us for lunch today, and we chose this restaurant. They set up a table for 13 and the service, quality of food and wine was great. We ranged in age from 70 to 5, and everyone enjoyed their meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was an old hotel buffet restaurant that has been renovated into a more upscale eatery. Decor is very nice and the menu offering are good. Daily specials are good value. Only detriment is that service could be better.

Visited September 2013
waterloo region
“Very basic kitchen - a mediocre experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Food is assembled, not prepared. Meats are food service portion pak supply. Thaw and serve chicken in a bag for the souvlaki. Very bad. The hints of sharp and tangy jack Daniels bar b q sauce did well to hide the very cheap flank steak strips served with yesterdays mashed spuds. The fresh veg side was the most incredible thing - given the sub standard everything else on the plate. These were perfectly blanched crisp and fresh - perfect execution. But that was only one third of the plate. 33 1/3 percent does not make the grade. Until this chain breaks away from portion controlled pre-paks and hires a chef de cuisine, they will mire in mediocrity. They have it priced right to appeal to those who think this is a fine dining locale, but have little experience in an epicurean environment. The décor is unique to Brantford, hands down.

• Visited April 2014