“Reasonably priced pub grub” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shuckburgh Arms

Shuckburgh Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoke Doyle
Shuckburgh Arms
You added Shuckburgh Arms to your Saves list
Stoke Doyle Road, Stoke Doyle, Oundle PE8 5TG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Stoke Doyle B&B and Inns
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Friday night with friends. The restaurant was full which is always a good sign. We were immediately shown to our table and drinks and menu were forthcoming. There is a very good deal - 2 courses for £13.95 which included the majority of dishes on the menu except the ones I wanted of course! There is a good choice but a few too many deep fried options for my taste. Service was friendly and timely but the finesse was lacking somehow as the wine was plonked on the table as the screw top was removed. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening at a reasonable price, worth a visit.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been to this restaurant about half a dozen times in the last couple of years including last weekend. The service is lovely. Not posh or obsequieous, just personable and friendly. The menu is excellent and the food has never disappointed us. The prices are fair for the level of cuisine, not cheap but the food is worth it. It is quite hard to find these little places these days if you live in the sticks so I hope they keep going and continue providing people in their catchment area with a really reliable and great place to go for a treat or to take visitors to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

myself and 3 others had dinner here on a friday night, everything from the interior, the lovely girls serving and the food was fantastic. I had the smoked mackerel kedgeree to start followed by the pork belly, everything was well presented and beautifully cooked, and excellent value as it was a 2 course deal, I think it was £13.95......Will def be back again. thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Haversham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Without doubt one of the best pub B&B's we've ever had the pleasure of staying in. Lovely room, fantastic quilt, we were only sad that we were staying there and not using the restaurant as we were attending a local wedding. Will certainly not be out last stay, it's only 40 odd miles for us but it feels like a different world. What a beautiful part of the country.

We found the owners wonderfully hospitable, Don even offered to dop me into Thrapston to pick my car up the following morning. How many hotels/B&B's can you say that about.

Sum it up in one word, wonderful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fantastic one night stopover on our way to see my partner's Mother just before Christmas. Lovely attention to detail, beautifully clean and well appointed, very comfortable bed. Full vegetarian breakfast the next morning was as delicious as the evening meal the night before. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have eaten at the Shuckburg Arms many times and the food is always of a high standard and we were in no way disappointed on Christmas day. My Husband and i with our family couldnt fault it, just super and it made our day special. Don and Fran with their small team coped with such ease as always, a lovely friendly atmosphere warm and cosy,and great food made a very relaxing Christmas Day one to remember, our thanks to all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Desborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My friend and I had a meal here on the Sunday before Christmas,It was my friend's first visit but my family and I have eaten here before,including Christmas Day for the last 2 years.The standard has never dropped, no matter how many customers there are. The food is delicious and the 3/4 hour drive is more than worth it.
The pub is always clean,warm and welcoming and the staff are friendly and helpful.Fran,the landlady,always has a smile for everyone and makes a minute to chat,even if we haven't visited for a little while.My friend loved it there and it will now be added to her list of great pub/restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Shuckburgh Arms? Share your experiences!