“Wow those ribs!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jakes Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 552 restaurants in Brampton
Cross street: Rutherford & Steeles
Ennis, Ireland
“Wow those ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My second visit to Jakes and again, not disappointed. For one they sell Stella Artois and that gets them top marks off the bat!
Their ribs are excellent, meat falling off the bone and deliciously tender - will be back!

Visited November 2012
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thanks for the nice review! Great to read that our ribs (which we have proudly served since 1979!) hit the mark.
Sure wish you didn't live so far away so we could see more of ya'.

74% Recommend
Bolton, Canada
“A more mature clientele and a really fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great place for people who dont want to party with people the same age as their kids..lol
A more mature but fun crowd,..people who still like to party after 40... great vibe, friendly people, good bands and dancing. Great wings and coconut shrimp! Looking forward to going there again soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Glad to hear you found a "fit" at Jake's. Would like to learn more about why we didn't score well on value.
If you feel inclined to share…..Please advise info@jakesboathouse.com

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went with another couple and it was my first time there... I can honestly say I will be back we all had such an amazing time the food was amazing the band... The nomads... They were amazing the people were friendly I danced my butt off... What an amazing night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WOW! You sure know how to make an owner happy. I will be sure to pass on your praise to the people who actually earned it. Many Thanks!
Chelsea, Michigan
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Was encouraged to visit Jakes Boathouse while on a business trip. I'd looked at the menu online and it looked very appealing. I went in and the atmosphere was as expected. Very nice, clean, not too close to other patrons. Menu was given with prompt service. I ordered an appetizer. A chicken quesadilla. This is not something that I think would be that difficult, but almost 20 minutes later I received my appetizer from a food runner. (Not my waitress) who set it in front of me, and I looked at him and said, "don't you think that's a little burnt?" It was black. It smelled of burned fish. It really was unappealing. He said he would get me another. My waitress apologized, it took another 15 minutes and I got another. It too was over done (it is the picture attached) but I could handle it. Very disappointing. Also, the chips/pita bread given with the spinach and artichoke dip smelled of fish grease as well. Perhaps that only happens on Fish Fry Tuesdays, but it was vastly unappealing. The service was good, though.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
ktasca,
I am very sorry to hear about your negative feelings toward your recent Jake's visit.
As the owner of the place since 1979, rest assured, reviews like this are NOT what builds a business.

I am at a loss to explain the taste sensations you experienced, given the fact both items you ordered contain no fish products and are baked in the oven. Maybe the presence of lots of fish being served that night puts some smells in the air consistant with our fish-friendly restaurant....not sure.

As far as overbaked queso's, the pic you attached looks on spec to me (note that we use a sun-dried tomato tortilla which is quite dark in colour to start...but it has FLAVOUR!) but we likely overbaked your first one (Note to cooks.....it's funny how overcooking something takes a little extra time, eh guys??!!)

Thanks for taking the time to air your views. I may not like it but it helps us get better.

Proprietor, Jake's Boathouse
Toronto, Canada
“good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just average a little hard to get to because of the construction this summer. Had them delivery instead to room.

Visited June 2012
Peggy F,
Thanks for your recent visit to Jake's. I assume by your review, you were a guest at the Marriott Courtyard across the street from us.
We are all enduring a very large underground tunnelling construction project that has been encamped on the road right in front of Jake's. Our neighbourhood competing restaurants, the theatres and the hotel are all noticing a decline in business due to the road diversions and chaos that the construction has caused. We are told all will be complete in April, 2013 (can't wait).

As far as your review of your Jake's visit as "just average", rest assured my standards are way higher than that.
I would appreciate knowing what aspect of your "inside our walls" experience were less than stellar. Your comments are, however, a reminder to all of us, that average ain't good enough.
Thanks so much for the feedback.

Proprietor since 1979