“Brampton -Symposion Greek Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Symposion Greek Cuisine

Symposion Greek Cuisine
148 Queen Street East (Kennedy Road), Brampton, Ontario L6V1B2, Canada (Downtown Brampton)
905-454-3984
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Brampton
Mississauga, Canada
“Brampton -Symposion Greek Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last time I went to this restaurant was in 1990. Can't remember what it was like back then.
I decided to revisit this Greek rest. because I drove thru Brampton and saw it.
Ok, so on with the review...
I called in advance to book since it was our wedding anniversary. On the way there, wife and I thought there wouldn't be many people given the weather. It was pretty bad...
Upon arrival, I gave them my name and booking time. There response was yes, here we go and they congratulated us on our anniversary. We were given a lovely table beside the fireplace, although 85% of the seating is nice, nothing beside the washroom or kitchen flapping doors.

Within 1/2 hr, the place slowly filled up to aprox 60% capacity. Surprisingly, it wasn't all that loud which was nice.

When it came time to order, the server actually suggested an alternative for our 8yr old daughter which was about same portion but a few bucks cheaper with drink included...I found this gesture quite sincere.

A full plate of greek salad was brought first, and the kids salad was the same size as our dinner size portion. They even excluded the onions knowing kids aren't crazy about raw onions in salads.

Within 10-15 min's of finishing the salad the main entre arrived. A nice substantial portion, the chicken souvlaki platter had a large skewer of very clean chicken breast. I'd estimate the size was about 1lb +. The chicken was cooked excellent, grilled slightly crispy outside and very tender and juicy inside. They weren't pre boiled because it had a nice flavour and water wasn't oozing out like those cheap buffet places. The veggies were great, broccoli texture was just right, potatos slightly textured on the outside and silky smooth inside. Even the fussy daughter ateall the veggies mixed in the rice.

There's been alot of Greek restaurants that come and go. I don't care for loud background music with glitzy bars and trendy patrons... I only look at 2 things in a restaurant, my partner and my plate. That being said, I felt guily looking at my plate more more than my wife, on our anniversary. A true testament on the quality of food, make no mistake about it.

I only visit 2 Greek restaurants, East vs. West. Palace on Pape and now Symposian on Queen in Brampton....of all places :-)

• Visited February 2014

Ontario, Canada
“Arni Psito- the best lamb you can get outside of Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been loyal customers for years. Dinner meals are always fantastic, consistent and service extremely friendly. We have been ordering Arni Psito for years and we find it to be the best tasting lamb outside of Greece. No matter what day of the week and what time you decide to dine, friendly staff will always accommodate you, remember your name and make your stay special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Thankful I found a wonderful place for great Greek food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I have dined in, taken out and had their food delivered. I recently moved from Mississauga and I am so glad to have discovered this resturant. While in Mississauga I had found some average places. None compared to this place. Food is always fresh, price are reasonable and their portions are great. Take out is great! Delivery fast and friendly. The environment dinning in is quiet, fast and friendly. I will recommend this resturant to everyone.

• Visited August 2013
Brampton, Canada
“Excellent Value, Beautifully Renovated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent food starting with an superb greek salad. Warm pita is served instead of the usual boring dinner rolls. The Chicken Souvlaki is our favourite. If you want the best deal in town this is the place to come either for lunch or dinner. The portions are very generous and the quality of the food is excellent. This restaurant also serves some wonderful homemade soups that are beyond good.
Renovations were needed and now completed the place looks wonderful from the hardwood flooring to the new chairs. I would be proud to take anyone to this restaurant to show that Brampton has excellent food served by good staff in a beautiful location.
Lots of easy parking is an added bonus !

• Visited August 2013
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Good Greek Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here is good for the $ but the place really needs a remodel. The decor hasn't changed in 20 years. Service is really good, very friendly.

Visited July 2013