“Amazing Stay !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites

You added Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Conventry Rd, Brampton, Ontario L6T 4V7, Canada (Bramalea)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
“Amazing Stay !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here in the month of December. The customer service was great upon check in. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. ( new mattresses) And even included complimentary fiber optic Internet. The Breakfast was nice but could use a few upgrades. Overall, it was a great stay !

• Stayed December 2012
bramptonsales, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Monte Carlo Inn Brampton Suites. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we appreciate the feedback regarding the continental breakfast upgrades. Also, thank you for mentioning our newly installed Fiber Optic Internet service and we are happy it is making a great impact on our corporate and leisure customers' stay! We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent 4 nights in the above hotel. I had previously emailed the Manager who emailed me straight back, as I was concerned by some reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. We were torn between 3 hotels but had to be near my husband's family so plumped for this one after I had checked room facilities and accomodation with Tatyana who was very helpful. The most important thing for me is quality of sleep and having a cup of tea several times a day.

We arrived after 12 hours total travelling feeling very cold as it was -15 and tired. The guy on the reception was totally disinterested and lacked a "Welcome" he was the worst member of staff in the whole day, put a real dampner on things from the beginning. After unloading our stuff in the room, I noticed that there was an ice bucket (didn't need that) and a coffee maker, I don't drink coffee, also no jug of water which lots of hotels in UK provide, although there are machines on each floor but you have to pay $2 for each tiny bottle. We returned to the reception it was only 8.30 pm and asked the guy if we could get a kettle (I would have brought a travel one with me had I have known) or at least get some hot water. He said "No, we don't have kettles and we don't provide hot water". I explained that I wanted tea (since I'd brought a box of PG Tips with me) and was desperate for a cup. He just looked at me totally disinterested and said "No" again. I could use the coffee-maker provided to make tea. (Yeh, then the tea would taste of coffee) "If I wasn't happy I could complain to management" Just wanted nothing more to do with me. That's not really what you want to hear after a long flight and when you are asking politely!! Alongside him was another older man, who was very pleasant and apologised that there wasn't a tea maker or kettle.

The next morning rather disgruntled I went down for breakfast and spoke to a lovely girl (Paula) in the breakfast room. She listened to my dilemma about tea and offered to fill a teapot with hot water so that I could use my bags, how helpful. She also told us what we could eat, gave us another menu and checked that we had everything. She was happy and pleasant which made up for the miserable guy from the night before! As I left the breakfast room, she asked if I needed more water, but I didn't want to bother her, it was just really nice to be asked.

The room was fine to good, beds comfy, large flat screen t.v. lamps and armchairs. Everything you need for a short stay, as I said there is a coffee maker with coffee, no kettle (this might be something to consider for future Brits, what would it take to have a kettle downstairs to give if someone needs it) and a microwave which could be useful though we ate out mostly. There is also plenty of room to hang stuff, bathroom is ok, toiletries though I brought my own. Toilet a bit low if you are tall and seems to run quite a bit and sometimes you can hear this when person upstairs goes to the loo(strange but I had read this in another review). We had a jacuzzi but was really too busy to use all the time. Different rooms here that you can upgrade to. Business rooms with double bed and queen beds also looked very good and roomy. I would lie to try one of the suites like Roman or Louis next time, looked lovely from photos. I think depending on your trip you could find something to suit all tastes. The weather outside was snowing and cold with grey skies so it was nice to come back to a really warm room and relax. I believe there are conference rooms and possibly a gym which I did not see or use but extremely useful if you are alone and on business. Car park is massive!

The room has most things that one would expect from the same star rating and price band. I could only find one free socket to charge our phones though.

Restaurant downstairs which we did try for a family of 7, good to very good bar food. Dahlia, the evening waitress, lovely, chirpy and very good member of staff. We had a nice meal (also good kiddies menu) with drinks for about $116. Good portion sizes. Also room service provided by Dahlia, good and tasty lunch $10.

Breakfast: some people have said it's ok and some haven't rated it at all. By my standards, it's good. There is cereal, toast, bagels, choice of jams, fruit tea/coffee what more could you want. If you do require cooked breakfast you can upgrade for about $4.50, my other half had pancakes one day. I usually only eat cereal and toast so this breakfast was adequate for me with a glass of orange juice. Paula who was there on 2 days was wonderful. There was a guy one day who was friendly. A girl on our last day, who was not so friendly (in the same category as the guy on reception, Ray) seemed to be very miserable, disinterested, didn't say good morning. I asked her where Paula was as we wanted to give her a little something, she just said "she's not here". She appeared moody with us, but with the 2 Canadian women who came in after, absolutely fine and smiley as was she with a guy on a business trip Canadian again!! We thought she may be just having a bad day and was banging things around and then dropped a load of cereal on the side, so was obviously having a bad day. You know when you are pleasant to people and you are staying in another country a welcoming "good morning" is the norm! Other than that the buffet is enough for all appetites and sets you up for the day whether you are on business or sightseeing.

Cleaners, pleasant and polite. They ask if you need housekeeping everyday! We said no for 3 days as we were out most of the time, just got the bins emptied and she vacuumed the day I asked. As I said, most staff were really nice except for 2. Girls on reception are really helpful and chatty, Tatyana Manager helpful and pleasant, just one guy to watch out for here who could do with some customer service training and a smile might help occasionally.

What was really helpful was having a Walmart across the road. I managed to get a few presents here as well as a few essentials. There is also a pharmacy next door. Bramlea Mall is a 15 minute ride in a taxi about $16, you can find most shops here as well as a whole level with restaurants/fastfood. There's not much to do in the area, I think it is mainly for business guests, also I imagine it might be better to visit when the snow has gone! I think the hotel provide a cheap shuttle/free service to the airport although we had family take us there.

Big Plus is NO SMOKING HOTEL which was great, no horrid smokey smells in any of the rooms
Good Sleep, pleasant staff apart from 2, nice breakfast and food.

Minus: No tea facility, kettle hopefully next time?, no jug, 2 miserable staff members! I did manage to find a use for the ice bucket finally as I hurt my foot!

So overall we were happy and would stay here again. Thank you Tatyana and all the pleasant staff!

Room Tip: Rooms that I saw were from the hallway all good. I am sure if it is not busy you can probably reque...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sue!

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Monte Carlo Inn Brampton Suites and are happy to know that you will be staying with us again next time you visit Brampton! We have carefully reviewed your suggestions for improvement, specifically regarding customer service and providing a kettle in the room. As you have noticed, due to popular demand all our rooms come equipped with a coffee maker. The same machine can also be used to boil water and make tea, but we understand your concern regarding the likelihood of coffee aftertaste. On your future stay, and for all our tea-loving customers, we will provide a new machine upon request should one be available, alternatively our staff will be able to source some hot water for you from the on-site restaurant.

We strive to accommodate all our guests' special requests and help make their stay the most comfortable and enjoyable. Should you require any additional amenities or information during the reservations process please do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to assist you and get the chance to welcome you to our hotel!
Crook, Co Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days and to start with the jacuzi in the room surrounded by mirrors seemed odd but a little qwerky however that was when it started going down hill.
i ate in the hotel one of the first nights boy was that a mistake, simple chicken wings... they were incredibly hot and caused me some seriouse stomach problems.
The weekend was the worst part , young people of canada seem to think the idea of a night out is to book a hotel room and all pile in, the smell of smoke was rife including weed, the noise continued through the night and there was very little the staff coud do.
Altogether not somewhere i would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Typically stay here to visit my girlfriend's parents nearby. The rooms are decent size and there is free Wifi. The restaurant exceeds expectations for such a small hotel and I recommend you stop by for lunch or dinner. The free breakfast is average though they have a buy up option for a hot breakfast which I did not do. It is a good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very comfortable beds, very clean, good staff. My only negative would be the wattage of the bulbs. Very dim lights in the rooms. Very difficult to work at the desk, almost impossible to read in bed. It would cost more, but up the wattage. Lady at the desk very helpful, very friendly. We had a language barrier of sorts, but in the end she is delightful. Thanks for a good stay. Recommend this hotel to anyone. Look forward to staying again (I'll bring my own bulbs).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

... this is one very ordinary motel. Ordinary rooms, ordinary service, perhaps some facilities a little bit above the ordinary. Sub-ordinary (but complementary) breakfast that you would not pay for if it wasn't free. The whole place is bathed in an overdose of cheap perfume, as if they were trying to hide something. My toilet kept re-filling every 20 minutes, and the bathroom fan sounded like an AC/DC soundtrack. Cleanliness is marginal - nothing to shout about. The elevator is sooooo slooooowwwwwwww. They seem to cater specifically to wedding parties here for some reason. I must be missing something.

I suppose, to be fair, the bed was more comfortable than would be typical for a room at this price point.

I stayed hear because Expedia placed me here through their "mystery hotel" option. Next time I'm in Brampton, I'm hoping the same option places me somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bramptonsales, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hello Talos

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Monte Carlo Inn Brampton Suites. Your comments and observations are extremely important to us as we are always striving to provide the best product and exceptional service while maintaining value.

We have recently converted our remaining smoking rooms to non-smoking. This challenging process takes a considerable amount of time to complete and we regret that it may have negatively impacted your perception. However rest assured that this lengthy process is underway to being completed and we have since received positive feedback from many of our guests.

Our free breakfast consists of a large variety of items you would expect to find in a continental breakfast including 4 types of cereals, 5 types of bagels, variety of pastries, toast, juices, coffee and tea, yogurt, and fresh fruits. Other additional hot breakfast items are readily available to order should the continental breakfast selection be insufficient. We would be happy to hear what exactly wasn't up to standard in order to improve on it.

We encourage all our guests to fill out the in-room comment cards with specific suggestions of what they would like see improved or mention these suggestions to management during their stay.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Monte Carlo Inn Brampton Suites just to have a weekend getaway and just relax. The hotel provided everything I was looking for the room was very modern, clean, and quiet. I was able to get some rest and relaxation.

Good value for what you pay, very affordable and you can tell that the owners are putting money into the hotel with the new renovations.

The staff was very courteous and made the stay even better. I even got a free continental breakfast.

I would recommend staying at this hotel, was really great.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites? Share your experiences!