“Fair Fare” 2 of 5 stars

Description: 905 230 1318
Brampton, Canada
“Fair Fare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place alwats seems very busy, and I don't know why. The food is "fair" at best. I was actually disappointed by the limited amount of Chinese food available. I don't believe that I will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Canada
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I came here with my girlfriend and we were both excited since we heard good reviews about this place. We walked inside and wow, it was amazing. The restaurant was very spacious, but they were lacking more food stations. I love the idea that you can grab your own FREE water, pop or juice. But they need to add more food selections to make it worth my 20 bucks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“REALLY GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

So I went to this place with my boyfriend because his friend had recommended it. The place is REALLY big inside, and has decent decor. The food selection was really big, the sushi was great, and so were the "live cooking stations". The only thing I wasn't keen on was with the live cooking stations, they just cover everything in butter and garlic. I wish the meats were marinated instead. The rest of the hot plate food was decent and there was alot of selection when it came to salads and desserts. I love how you can serve yourself drinks since some restaurants can take forever! You definitely won't go hungry! This place is better then Mandarin. The food is FRESH. Everything at Mandarin is frozen. You taste the difference, trust me. For the two of us, our bill came to just over $50 - not bad! Definitely will be coming back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Different approach to a buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have seen and passed by this place quite a few times since it's opened. I have frequented the sushi place very close to it. It's nice to see the parking lot around it busy as this area was quite dead before this place opened. Please note, this place is more authentic than Mandarin and may not suit your preferences.

I was surprised as soon as I walked in. The decor is intense, but fairly good. We had reservations and were seated right away. We were with another couple who do not frequent Asian restaurants as often.

It was odd to see the self-service non-alcoholic drinks, which is a totally different approach. I would argue that it is more efficient at the end of it all, rather than being charged $3-$4 per drink and keeping the servers busy running drinks.

There is ample selection, which reminds me of a similar buffet place, Wasabe. The biggest different is the quality. Other places may have quantity, but not the quality. The only concerns I had was that the Snapper sashimi was watery. The Peking duck was good, but the wraps get dry, they need to find a different way to have them out. A few more tongs would help as well. I also found the beer prices to be on the high end and no draft options.

Otherwise, no real concerns with the food. I didn't bother to try the 'live cooking' of the items of your choice, but the rest of the table did, along with the teppenyaki items and found it good as well. The service was better than expected, but I was skeptical to begin with from the reviews I read on this page.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Georgetown, Ontario
“Wok of Fame”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been there 3 times, twice for lunch and once for dinner. It is a great place to eat, that cater to vegetarians, meat eaters and people who like to watch their weight. There are many items to choose from and a children' s special area with food they like and a little playroom too in case the children get bored.
They have fresh sushi, roast beef, crab legs, various seafood, and great salads and fresh cooked teryaki and fish, cooked right in front of you, and another place where they have a table of many ingredients you can throw together and take it up and have it cooked in a wok, with a choice of different sauces. Desserts are great too. Don't know how you could go wrong at this restaurant. The people I have take there, rave about it and say they want to come back and bring their friends. Good value for the money. One thing to know is that the lunch menu does not have as many items such as crab legs, at least I didn't see any, but the dinner menu is more expensive and did have crab legs the night I was there, and a bigger menu. Very clean, and very beautiful place to eat. Friendly staff too.

• Visited November 2012