“Full fake eyelash in bed!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Rutherford Rd. S., Brampton, Ontario L6W 3J3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
canada
“Full fake eyelash in bed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Yikes. We have stayed here before because it has a pet allowance but this last experience was brutal.

Fake eyelash from someone in the bed. How can the housekeeping crew miss this???

Hairs in the tub, and no remote in the room for the tv.

Sorry comfort inn. Time to find a new pet friendly hotel for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sandy D, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm concerned about the housekeeping issue you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Please accept my sincere apology and I agree with you, there should be no exceptions to the way service should be provided no matter how busy we are. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed the associate in charge, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went at the hotel in 2010 and it was a very pleasant stay there, the staff was very very helpful and supporting. The Hotel has good connectivity to the city center and you will find lot of good restaurants near by (just walking distance). The rooms are good and neatly maintained.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond! We strive to achieve the highest levels of guest service daily. It is very rewarding and motivating to our staff to be recognized for their efforts. We publish all reviews so our staff can hear the voices of our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to write!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My last review for this hotel was written in January 2012. The manager responded and said that the problems I noted (dirty rooms) were being addressed. It's been a little over a year and ITS GOTTEN WORSE.
I WILL NEVER stay here again.
Dirty shower - soap scum from previous guest and food (I hope) around the drain.
Food particles under the mattress pad (how does that even happen?)
Dirty night side table.
I am attaching pictures this time.
I am also a platinum (on my way to diamond) member of Choice Hotels and will be sending along a complaint to them.
I'll forgo my membership benefits next time I'm in brampton and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013
We have recently taken over this property and understand that many changes need to be made. I felt horrible hearing about the horrific stay you experienced, and would like to assure you that we have addressed all the issues that you mentioned.

We are currently under renovations, which include both room and entire property lifts. It is sad to say that the previous management / owners had no care for the property and as such we have entered in a slight state of a mess.
We assure we are working hard and diligently to make our property up to Choice standards.

I do appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion as it is through feedback such as yours that enables us to better understand the changes that need to be made.
Scottburgh, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was not impressed by the full garbage bin at the eating tables close to reception when we checked in, considering this hotel only serves breakfast and we checked in late evening, so this must have stood there all day.
Standards might be dropping, but above the ground floor it seems renovations are on-going.
Its very handy for lots of restaurants and shops a very short stroll away.
Quite close to the airport as well.

Room Tip: Seems that non-smoking rooms are better and cleaner than smoking rooms, which smell horrible when wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kelowna,bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were sent to this hotel by our airline due to missing our connecting flight at Pearson. OMG, it was the filthiest hotel I have ever seen!! I checked the bed for critters (I didn't find any) but couldn't sleep because of the disgusting smell and the general creepiness of the place. Breakfast was store bought muffins, lousy coffee and fruit. Do not stay here even if you are desperate!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms at all costs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Allow me to preface this review by stating that I am completely a no-frills budget traveller. I have stayed in MANY budget hotels and hostels, and in non of which have I ever seen a room that even came close to the level of grossness I experienced at this hotel.

My party was sent to the Comfort Inn Brampton by the airline we were flying after our flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection thus necessitating a night in Toronto... well...Brampton.

We were greeted by a lobby that smelled liked a smoker's basement. We requested 2 beds (3 of us in party) and non smoking (asthmatics). We were given room 162. Oh boy... it's about to get interesting.

Walking in to the room, it smelled of smoke and funky cheese. Strongly. There was an ashtray sitting on the nightstand... curious decor for a non smoking room. Also on the night stand was what my boyfriend enthusiastically thought was a fog machine - but nope, it was the ozonator. Which can be very harmful if ran while people are in the room.

I checked the bed for bedbugs, it seemed clean, so we settled in. Then i looked to my left and noticed buckshot. IN THE WALL. Seriously. Someone was shooting GUNS in this room?

I asked my boyfriend to please lock the door - at which point we nearly died laughing due to the obvious ineptitute of whomever installed the lock. It was installed in such a way that it was completely non functional (see pics). I guess you don't need a lock when you have a gun, right?

I was trying to plug in my phone when I stepped in a wet spot on the carpet. Curiousity prevailing, I touched the carpet and smelled my hand. IT SMELLED LIKE URINE. Strongly. Disgusted, I went to the bathroom to wash my hand. Which is when I noticed "hairs" (to put it nicely) all over the bathroom. The tub was FILTHY - as though someone had dumped dirty mop water down it & not cleaned it after.

Then there was the snot smeared across the mirror. Ok, to be fair, it might have been another bodily fluid, but for my sanity I need to believe it was snot. A LOT of snot. This was the point at which I asked my boyfriend if he could see if we were able to switch rooms.

The night auditor moved us upstairs to room 205. World of difference! The upstairs still had a funky smell (this was more "hamster cage" than "smoke and cheese") but our room didn't smell. AND IT WAS CLEAN. And the beds were really comfy. And - WAIT FOR IT - THERE WERE NO BULLETS IN THE WALLS. And no questionable fluids on the mirror.

Had we originally given this room, I would have rated this hotel three stars and only found the smells off-putting. I have to assume, since room 162 was disgusting to almost comical proportions, that we were either on Punk'd OR the maid had seen what she was supposed to clean, given up on life & gone to drink whiskey in the janitorial closet. Either option seems plausible to me... Except there was a distinct lack of Ashton Kutcher.

Cautionary tale, friends - beware of room 162! Unless maybe it was some kind of redneck theme room... The buckshot really added to the ambiance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Oshawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ive stayed at the Comfort Inn Brampton a few times and have always had a great experience. The hotel is located in a nice quiet area but its handy as its just minutes from my favorite live entertainment venue on the same street. The staff at Comfort Inn is always very calm and attentive. The first time I booked in it was really good except the carpet was a little worn but the next time they had re done the carpet in many rooms and the new manager tells me they are going to do a complete facelift of the hotel including knocking out walls and creating a bigger more plush lobby.

My favorite band "Teenage Head" is playing Spot 1 on November 16 and Ive already booked my hotel room at Comfort Inn. Keep up the good work, I will let all my friends know about your nice, quiet, and affordable hotel in Brampton.

Regards,
Tanya Richardson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!