“Don't waste your time” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Fast Food
Trenton, Canada
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

You know those times when you walk into a place and think...maybe I should go elsewhere, but you stay because you're already there? Burger King in Belleville is one of those places.

Few customers, only one couple at a table in the back, yet the the staff was running around looking overwhelmed. They were far more interested in serving the drive thru customers than the "in restaurant" customers.When placing a simple order for two burgers, fries and onion rings, we were told that they were out of onion rings. Really?...a major fast food chain is out of onion rings? So we substituted poutine instead. While my wife waited for the order, I went to fill our soft drinks and find a table.

The soft drink area was filthy. Obviously hadn't been cleaned in recent memory. There was one size of cup lid remaining. Of course it didn't fit our cups. My next adventure was finding a table. It should have been an easy task due to the fact that only one table out of about 40 was occupied at the time. I found table after table to be dirty. Crusted on ketchup, littered with crumbs, mustard, entire french fries. The floor was in the same condition everywhere. Now this would be understandable if one or two tables in a busy restaurant were dirty for a short time. But every table, in a mostly empty restaurant? Finally I found the least dirty table and sat down. After a 15 minute wait...yes 15 minutes, the food arrived.

I quickly went to the washroom to wash my hands. Big mistake. The only thing I'm going to say is that it was absolutely the filthiest, most disgusting restaurant washroom I've seen in a long time. All I could think was, if the common areas of the place are this filthy, what is the kitchen like?

The food was acceptable but like many companies, Burger King has decided to shrink portions rather than raise prices. The meat patty was see thru and the few fries I received had that "been sitting around a long time" texture that fries get.Other than that, the food was completely ordinary. Something to eat when you're hungry, no more, no less.

I was amused to watch other customers suffer the same fate as we did. Making the futile journey around and around the restaurant hoping to find a somewhat clean spot to sit down.
The only good thing I can say, is that it's now almost 24 hours later and neither my wife or myself have suffered any immediate ill effects.

Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere. There are so many choices in the area that going here, even for fast food, is a waste of your time and money.

• Visited September 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kitchener, Canada
“The Best Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My experience at this Burger King was absolutely wonderful! I went there not hungry, and left so grateful to have eaten!

The service was wonderful! The person who spoke to us was very kind, and opposed to that usual fast food, get in get out attitude, they took their time with us, and never stopped smiling!

The burgers were delicious! They looked like they do on commercials! They came in a box but also were wrapped in perfect little burger napkins so that eating and driving is easy. The toppings were fresh and crisp, the burger juicy and the bun soft and warm! The French fries were outstanding! Crispy yet soft, and perfectly seasoned. They left me wanting more and more (I had a tough time sharing).

I didn't thing Burger King was that individual of a restaurant, I didn't remember what there was to come back for. But this visit pulled burger king up to a whole different level for me, and it's now one of my favorite fast food places!!

Great job guys!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, Canada
“miss the old burger king”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

gone are the days i prefer burger king to mcdonalds..
i grew up in a town that only offered burger king and ate it often.. and LOVED it
Mcdonalds could never compare.. until now..
burger kings are rare to find these days and a good one is impossible.. I have a business located next door to this burger king and I recently had a baby, my main craving while pregnant was fast food.. burger king chicken sandwiches being one big one..
This is burger king along with the kingston one are disgusting,
The staff... well, everytime i am in this BK, it usually is the same few staff members. a very young manager trying to control even younger staff, none of which seem to care about their jobs or other peoples time..
the last time I was in , 11 people left our lineup waiting to order and 3 people ahead waited over 25 min for food.. after seating my baby, husband and daughter, I waited in line for over 30 min just to order. Drive thru was their main focus, with 4 out of 7 staff managing it. I at one point overheard the manager say that drive thru could be lined up and waiting 15-20 min.As i understand they could have been short staffed, I have seen this happen too many times in this and kingston's location. both places are filthy dirty, and low on stock. There is usually no toilet paper in the washrooms and no lids or straws for cups. Most often there is no ice either in both machines. When you confront the staff, they mutter and say a few sarcastic remarks.. The lobby area doesnt get swept and trays with garbage are strewn about..
This is NOT the burger King I grew up with.. really sad to see they were defeated by Mcdonalds.. DO NOT EAT HERE.. well unless you have LOTs of your day to spend wasted here.. oh and the food.. terrible..

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Trenton, Canada
“Okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The last time we visited Burger King we found the food to just be okay but the restuarant seemed to be dirty. People just got up and walked away without putting thier garbage and trays away, staff wasn't going around to clean up.

“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Service was painfully slow. 3 or 4 staff were working on a drive through issue and no one was tending to the walk-ins. Staff was bickering with each other infront of customers too. Our cashier was very friendly but slow, as he was in training (not his fault - he really was trying). The bathroom was dirty and the soap dispenser was empty. Food was good, well priced and close to the highway. That being said, we still would not go back.