“Check the plumbing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Canadas Best Value Inn

You added Canadas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Canadas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   325 North Front Street, Belleville, Ontario K8P 3C6, Canada (Formerly Belleville Motel 5)   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Belleville
Belleville, Canada
“Check the plumbing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I want only two things from a less expensive motel, being a clean bed at night and a shower in the morning. Unfortunately, they were having plumbing problems and there was no water to the showers, which they did not tell me when I checked in. And they offered no partial refund when I asked for one. At least the bed was clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

It's perfectly fine. Nothing wrong at this motel. If you are a high maintenance person don't go there that's all. If I owned this place I would go retro all the way. The concrete slabs between each motel room I would paint a 50-60's theme. And then I would go all out with decor from the 70's, with more orange/mustard/tan shades. And add some plaid/knotted wood furniture. Shower changing temperature..so retro! It's decent, clean, safe, cheap. What more do people need.

• Stayed July 2014
Vacaville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel proudly displays a sign out front stating that it used to be a "HOTEL #5" That is because it is now possibly a 2 1/2. Not a place I would ever stay again even though the front staff was accomodating. The hotel itself, the sheets, towels, comforters, bathroom facilities, curtains, rugs and furniture are all more than passed their prime (if they ever had a prime) and all should be bulldosed into a big heap and transported to a toxic dump. Canada's or America's Best Value Inns are not doing themselves a favor by having this establishment in their inventory.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

looked on trip advisor to see reviews about this place. braced myself for the worst... good thing i did. my sheets were stained and had someone elses hair on it, my comforter was also stained and has cigarette burns all over it. I brought my own sheets, thank goodness, but even when i asked for a new comforter, it still had cigarette burns all over it. my tv remote didn't work, theres no toilet paper holder as well, the remote and phone was grimy. and my room was one of the "renovated" rooms. my friends room had rusted out sinks and bathtub. as well as our bathroom doors looked as if it was patched up with tape then painted over... they don't close properly. staff is friendly, but not happy about calling for fresh towels waiting almost 30 minutes for them, before i had to get them on my own... the beds are rock hard and very old. they are probably over 30 year old mattress'... only stayed here because of location and nothing else was available.

Room Tip: don't book here if you have small children... the cleaniness is not fit for anyone but especiall...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here back in April, have a few times over the yrs. The management and front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. If your looking for a cheaper place with a prime location, I recommend here.
Also renovations are coming along nicely!

• Stayed April 2014
Laval, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The reason I booked with canadas best value inn was because they have smoking rooms.
What i did nor expect was a room that has not been repainted in at least 10 years, a bathroom with an old sink with a yellow rim and a toilet that I had to remove the tank top to stop it running every time i used iy.
Over all, not a good experience.
On the other hand, the restaurant was fine. The food was good and the service was quickand friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CBVIBELLEVILLE, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We apologize that you did not have a great stay at our accommodations. We are been under renovations of our bathrooms completely, and continue to make it a better place. We thank you for your opinion. It shall help us improve the quality of our property.
Belleville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave though. Close to restaurants and other conveniences. Shower pressure was good. Price I think was a bit high for what you get. Some people were a bit noisy through the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for informing us of your stay and helping us improve the quality of our property, we hope to accommodate you again sometime soon.

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!