“not very happy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Canadas Best Value Inn

You added Canadas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Canadas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   325 North Front Street, Belleville, Ontario K8P 3C6, Canada (Formerly Belleville Motel 5)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Laval, Canada
“not very happy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The reason I booked with canadas best value inn was because they have smoking rooms.
What i did nor expect was a room that has not been repainted in at least 10 years, a bathroom with an old sink with a yellow rim and a toilet that I had to remove the tank top to stop it running every time i used iy.
Over all, not a good experience.
On the other hand, the restaurant was fine. The food was good and the service was quickand friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CBVIBELLEVILLE, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We apologize that you did not have a great stay at our accommodations. We are been under renovations of our bathrooms completely, and continue to make it a better place. We thank you for your opinion. It shall help us improve the quality of our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Belleville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave though. Close to restaurants and other conveniences. Shower pressure was good. Price I think was a bit high for what you get. Some people were a bit noisy through the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for informing us of your stay and helping us improve the quality of our property, we hope to accommodate you again sometime soon.
Bolton Valley, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Property looks like it needs to be demolished. Room only moderately clean and comfortable- none of the small amenities one expects from a room which cost almost $100. Website info very misleading - supposed to accept pets for a charge and had to argue to get owners to agree to accept my dog. Owners very surly and aggressively unpleasant. This is the 1st and last time I spend a night at either Americas or Canadas Best (ha!) Value Inn.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CBVIBELLEVILLE, Public Relations Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We apologize for the misunderstanding as we do not allow pets on our property any more.,due to damages done in the past by pets. We are looking to improve with renovations.. We value your opinion and thank you for your feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

So I was in a desperate situation, looking for a weekly rate and they put me in "the other building" where they do weekly rates. The lights were all broken in one way or another, the heating/air conditioning unit was half apart and not working at all. The television was not hooked up to anything, it was dirty and unkempt. To top it off, the other people staying there looked creepy and bothered that they didn't recognize me or my car(it turns out that this was a part of the Belleville ghetto, not kidding). What's weird is that the internet was actually pretty good<shrug>. So I went back to the desk and told her I couldn't take it and she gave me a key to a room in the main building but this was only slightly better. The tv was still messed up, cleaner but not completely done and, ironically; the internet was barely functional. When I went to bring the internet to the front desk's attention I was told that I had to go "we'll give you your money back but we don't give those rooms for the weekly rate that you got". WOW! Bad customer service! No "sorry for the misunderstanding" or anything close to those words. Just "you must go". Great attitude, buddy. Thanks. If you're looking to save money on accommodations in Belleville ignore this place and any good reviews that might be posted (it was suggested by another person that they planted some or all if those reviews themselves. Overall; I have had a horrible few days and Canada's Best Value Inn made it worse. Beyond what I could have anticipated!

• Stayed August 2013
We are sorry to hear of the issues you had during a stay here. We are working on improving the rooms and all matter of the property. We thank you for your feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the worst place I have ever stayed with poor quality. The bathroom is the worst with leaking shower, half the water comes through the shower and the rest from the tap down, leaking and is very old fashioned, you need to be in your 60s to operate the tap. The toilet was looking stained on the sides, the seat does not stay up and will not flush properly. The exhaust wasn't working, felt very dirty and filthy using this facility. I had the rooms at the back and we had to go in and out through a dirty old back door because these did not have access through a door in the room. Overall these rooms are worth only for $20/- I will never ever choose to come here again and I will warn my friends too not to step in here.

• Stayed August 2013
We apologize that you did not have a great stay at our Motel. We have been under renovations, and continue to make it a better place. We thank you for your opinion. It shall help us improve the quality of our property.
Niagara Falls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in May. I have stayed at other Best Value Inns and they have been renovated and clean. They are working on this place but I don't think it is ready yet. The bathroom looked like a rundown motel, the carpets were worn. We just happened to be in a room that still needs renovating. The beds were clean. The service was really good.
The price is higher than other Best Value Inns i have stayed at so i was not thrilled with the value especially since it still needs a lot of work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your valued opinion and hope you do come and stay with us again. Our renovations are still under way and we hope very soon all will be complete.
Barrie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this motel! Renovations and clean-up have made this place a great place to stay! We expected to find a dive, but instead found a pleasant, clean and comfortable inexpensive place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a coffee maker! lol...the room doesn't have one! weird!