“Great Stay was had by all.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn and Suites Belleville

You added Fairfield Inn and Suites Belleville to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn and Suites Belleville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   407 North Front St., Belleville, Ontario K8P 3C8, Canada (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
ottawa
“Great Stay was had by all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for a family reunion for the past 3 yrs. They have always been very accommodating jn putting our rooms close together. This year we had a lovely surprise we were upgraded to a suite. Wow, a sitting area-2 flat screen t.v.'s, a fridge----very well appointed room.
Wonderful pool and hot tub area. Kids and adults love it. The buffet breakfast is included and they have everything you could think of. The waffles were delicious. Coffee fair.
Many restaurants and shops close by. Close to the 401.
Good family hotel. We will return next year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Room, bed, tv, breakfast were all great. Got a nice deal via Priceline's Name your own Price ($57) so it was awesome bang for the buck.

Only complaints were weak wireless internet and the shower head was skewed towards the wall. I let the front desk know about the latter and expect that it will be fixed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at the Fairfield Inn while we took a Lake Ontario road trip. The location was very convenient- right between 401 and downtown Belleville, and only a short drive from Prince Edward County. The hotel was clean and comfortable. There was some noise from people in the hallway, but I feel that is almost to be expected when you're at most hotels, especially if families are staying in a room nearby. What really set the hotel apart were the STAFF. They went above and beyond every time we interacted with them. For example, I had an annoying request for ice so I asked where the nearest ice machine was. They got it for me. We were looking for a place to stay at our next destination and asked if there were any Fairfields in that area (since they were so great!). There weren't, but they looked online and made some calls to point me in the right direction for some of the better hotels to check out in that area. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I can't speak for the pool or exercise room since I did not try those. The only negative comment I have is that the internet was going a little wonky, but that also may have been my laptop. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Fairfield Inn in Belleville, if only for the wonderful staff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Marmora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had stayed there a few times before but that was a number of years ago and the customer service back then was a bit iffy. This time it was fabulous and as they were busier than heck that's pretty impressive. Reason for being busy, see below. The hotel does have a very odd layout, it's a bit 'Alice down the rabbit hole' with all the twists and turns and be warned there is no elevator and there are steps. See more of my husband's thoughts on the hotel layout below. However it is well located, within minutes walk of restaurants and the mall and they have sandwiches etc. from a vending machine in the lobby now, which they did not have before.

It was a lovely room, very nice indeed, especially as they had upgraded me to a suite because I am a Marriotts Elite member. Even if you are not, I'd recommend asking about an upgrade, the worse they can say is no.

The pool is a good size,you can swim 'kind-of' laps. The hot tub is HOT. The pool is a wee bit too warm for my taste but that's just me. The pool towels are..... well.... exfoliating and certainly not large, or middle sized, OK they are tiny. But it's no big deal. The room is really nice and the beds are of the standard you expect from Marriott, which is really good.

Discovered this week that the sweetest sound in the world after the sound of your baby giggling or your husband snoring (and I mean that) is the the hum of a fridge/freezer and the whoosh of a toilet flushing! Power went out on Wednesday and did not come back until early Sunday. No electricity for us means no running water so after hearing from Hydro how enormous the problem was and how long the outage was likely to be I had to check into a hotel. On my own on the Thursday, with hubby getting back from Toronto and joining me on Friday evening. Of course every cloud truly does have a silver lining. The Fairfield Inn includes a free continental breakfast. I don’t eat breakfast but I do like apple juice. So down I went to the lobby and it was teeming with loads of very attractive men of all kinds of ages. They were wearing jackets with bright orange crosses on the back. I asked one what that was for and he explained ‘So people can see us and not hit us as we work.’ I realised they were all Hydro One guys from all over Ontario here to fix the lines. A pleasant view to start my day as I sipped my apple juice. I did thank a table of them as I left to go back to my room. No, I didn’t thank them for the view nice though it was, I said thanks for the work and long hours they must have been doing to get us all back up and running. Thus being polite and probably convincing them that this crazy little old white-haired lady had probably escaped from some secure facility somewhere. There is something rather splendid about being an aging British eccentric, especially one with Canadian citizenship to boot. A multi-national eccentric little old lady. Just enjoying the view. they were all awfully cute. OK TripAdvisor, I get that's not part of what the hotel provides and therefore not 'reviewable' but hey, the eye candy was there. Hubby got back from his week in Toronto and fell into my arms on the second night. OK maybe slightly. OK maybe for a moment or so. There’s me wearing a smile, sexy underwear and Chanel Number 5 and what is hubby doing? Studying the room.

Hubby: ”So …. that’s odd, I wonder why the wall steps out a tiny bit just there? And look, that floating kind of thing just below the ceiling…. to house water pipes maybe? Why not put them in the ceiling. The ceiling is nice. Flat and not that swirly stipple that was the norm a couple of decades ago. I wonder what’s behind the space to the right of the TV/entertainment console….. Have you looked at the windows on the rooms that are at a right-angle to ours? And then looked at the length of the corridor? It seems out of kilter….. I wonder why they only have one sprinkler?” I love him to bits but sometimes the man drives me crazy.

So there you have it, my review of the Fairfield Inn in Belleville. I recommend it, stay there just for the fun of it, even if, like me, you only live about 45 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bowmanville Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

No complaints for our stay. 3 nights. Nice clean room. Looks like new carpets throughout. We stayed in a king suite. Nice to have the sitting area with it's own tv! Wifi worked well too!

• Stayed June 2011
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This quiet, clean hotel made for a very enjoyable stay. We were pleasantly surprised when our room with two queen beds also had a pull out couch and a mini-fridge. It was more than we expected.

The complimentary breakfast was good, with lots of selection.

We also enjoyed spending time in the pool and though we didn't make it to the hot tub, it is a nice added feature.

This hotel was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities we required... all at a great value!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

While the room & complimentary breakfast were good, the front desk was terrible. I had challenges checking in (30+ minutes) and the hotel erroneously pre-authorized my credit card for $6,000. They knew about the error but decided to do nothing to correct it - they were incredibly unhelpful and explained that it had happened to many people and I shouldn't be upset. I will not return!

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Belleville? Share your experiences!