Given that I had chosen the Comfort Inn Belleville (CIB) with zero time spent on research simply because I didn't have the time to spend, I was constantly being pleasantly surprised and delighted with what the CIB had to offer.
First and foremost, I would thank and compliment all of the staff, including the day and night desk clerks and cleaning personnel, all of whom were pleasant and friendly and who went out of their way to be kind, courteous and helpful, well beyond what I or their employer would expect of them.
This thoughtful attitude seemed to be shared by the owners/management as well (who I did not encounter directly while there) because at every turn, I was again pleasantly surprised by niceties that had been provided -- pet-friendly accommodations, steam iron/ironing board in the closet, free high-speed internet access in room, Blue Box, coffee/tea maker, good sized table/chairs so that I eat/drink while getting work done, very good breakfast and coffee provided downstairs etc. -- all above and beyond the usual expectations of stuff like clean rooms/linen, comfortable beds etc.
Another pleasant surprise was that the location was such that I could walk to nearby stores, food joints, motels where others were staying etc and get things on my "to do " list done without having to drive all over town. Saved me a lot of time.
And just outside the front door was a connection to a greenspace corridor leading all the way over to the river and parks ... very much appreciated for walking my dog on/off-lesh anytime, including at 2:00 am .
Quite frankly, I was puzzled to see the negative review by "bensagle". I suppose that no matter how hard one tries to please, there will always be someone who finds something to complain about.
There was a member of the clergy in the lobby checking in when I went down to grab some breakfast (very good by the way) in the morning. I heard him say "This (inn) is my favourite of all the chains." Notwithstanding th fact that ministers are seldom liars, I hold the Comfort Inn Belleville in similar high regard, as do, it seems two others on this page who took the time to review this inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Belleville. The hotel is conveniently located just south of the 401 and is within walking distance to many restaurants as well as the Quinte Mall. The hotel is a short distance from the Quinte Sports Center (home of the Belleville Bulls OHL team), the Belleville Industrial Park and Loyalist College. Visit the Glanmore House Museum or tour the County. Golfing, fishing and boating facilities are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Canada, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Belleville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Belleville Hotel Belleville
- Belleville Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Belleville Ontario