“Grateful for being pleasantly surprised, repeatedly.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Belleville

You added Comfort Inn Belleville to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Belleville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Park Street, Belleville, Ontario K8P 2Y9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Belleville
Kanata, Canada
“Grateful for being pleasantly surprised, repeatedly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Given that I had chosen the Comfort Inn Belleville (CIB) with zero time spent on research simply because I didn't have the time to spend, I was constantly being pleasantly surprised and delighted with what the CIB had to offer.

First and foremost, I would thank and compliment all of the staff, including the day and night desk clerks and cleaning personnel, all of whom were pleasant and friendly and who went out of their way to be kind, courteous and helpful, well beyond what I or their employer would expect of them.

This thoughtful attitude seemed to be shared by the owners/management as well (who I did not encounter directly while there) because at every turn, I was again pleasantly surprised by niceties that had been provided -- pet-friendly accommodations, steam iron/ironing board in the closet, free high-speed internet access in room, Blue Box, coffee/tea maker, good sized table/chairs so that I eat/drink while getting work done, very good breakfast and coffee provided downstairs etc. -- all above and beyond the usual expectations of stuff like clean rooms/linen, comfortable beds etc.

Another pleasant surprise was that the location was such that I could walk to nearby stores, food joints, motels where others were staying etc and get things on my "to do " list done without having to drive all over town. Saved me a lot of time.

And just outside the front door was a connection to a greenspace corridor leading all the way over to the river and parks ... very much appreciated for walking my dog on/off-lesh anytime, including at 2:00 am .

Quite frankly, I was puzzled to see the negative review by "bensagle". I suppose that no matter how hard one tries to please, there will always be someone who finds something to complain about.

There was a member of the clergy in the lobby checking in when I went down to grab some breakfast (very good by the way) in the morning. I heard him say "This (inn) is my favourite of all the chains." Notwithstanding th fact that ministers are seldom liars, I hold the Comfort Inn Belleville in similar high regard, as do, it seems two others on this page who took the time to review this inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
paulci, General Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for your review.
In any business repeat customers are a true measure of performance. It is always
wonderful when we are recognized for our attempts to deliver consistently great service!
I will be sure that your comments are passed along for all staff to see.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

The staff was very friendly . They did not have a restaurant so had to order out and the pizza was terrible! Tiny rooms and poor cable so couldn't watch tv.
I like that you can park outside your room made unloading the car much easier !
Didnt get to use any amenities but the coffee in room was actually good lol .
For the price and as a hotel along the way I would go back here again.

• Stayed October 2011
paulci, General Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your review.
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your pizza and would like to let you know that we can certainly recommend a number of take-out restaurants that deliver. As for the poor cable reception, I believe that your stay was around the time when our service provider was switching to the mandated digital signal which did result in some problems during this conversion and this has been remedied.
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our stay at this hotel this past weekend was very pleasant. Our room was very clean,
well equipped with fridge, microwave, TV etc. In our room we were unaware of any smoke smell.
The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying and the room was constantly attended to
supervise and refill as required. The staff were more than helpful and pleasant. My husband experienced a medical emergency and I called down to the front desk for an ambulance.
They took care of everything, brought the paramedics directly to our room, stayed outside to
see if they could assist. Asked if they could do anything. Relayed messages to any of our friends asking for us. Altogether made the experience much less frightful for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Comfort, Cleanliness, and Friendly Service are the three foremost things that
we strive to be known for.
I will surely pass your comments along to all of the staff.
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Comfort Inns are generally lousy, but this one is really bad. Parts of the hotel haven't been renovated or painted in decades (seemingly). Was checked into a room that still had the last persons hat and used soap. No elevator, so have fun lugging all of your bags up the stairs. Extremely slow wi-fi, if any at all. There's absolutely no reason to stay here; just pay the extra 20 dollars and get something far nicer nearby. 2/10

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that your esperience at our hotel was less than acceptable,
and I apologize for the oversight with respect to housekeeping and have taken
this matter up with the staff.
We have upgraded our wireless since your visit.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am an ex-smoker, and have no problem whatsoever with smokers. But I do have a huge problem with an entire hotel reeking of stale and fresh tobacco smoke ... especially in the non-smoking wings and in all corridors. Also, having to enter the hotel through the haze of smoke outside the lobby door while stepping through and over the discarded cigarette butts is not exactly a pleasant welcome to a $140.00 per night hotel stay.

The check-in process was efficient, and the 2 gals working the desk were great.

On to our room. The bathroom floor was not cleaned from one or more previous guests. The paint was peeling off the bathroom ceiling and walls. Very dated. The room carpet was also very stale smelling and stained.

The "free" breakfast was basic but okay - if you don't mind either standing to eat, or taking your meal back to your room. There are only a couple of tables in the very tiny breakfast area, and there is absolutely no room to move when more than a few people are in the breakfast room.
I must say that the lady that was supervising the breakfast was a lovely and pleasant person.

The parking spaces past the lobby doors are very small, and I highly recommend that you park in the spaces closest to the main road if you don't want door-dings in the morning.

If you are trying to locate this hotel using a GPS, it appears that the coordinates are entered into the satellite incorrectly - at least using TOM-TOM.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is a stark reminder that all Comfort Inns are individually owned. It was ugly and smelly, with stained carpet and long dark halls. We picked the place specifically because the hotel offered a roll away bed for a small charge, and we had five people with us. When we checked in, we found that there was no roll away in the room. I went to the front desk to inquire about it and was told they didn't have one. I explained to the very crabby desk staff that it was the reason we had booked there. She responded by informing me they wouldn't charge me for the cost of it. Sigh. Finally, the other desk staff suggested looking in storage. After a while, someone arrived at the door with a bed. They knocked and, when we answered, left. We managed to pull the bed into the room but were unable to unfold it -- it would not fit in the small spaces between the beds and the walls. The bed was also in terrible shape -- missing one of four wheels and at least one slat. We finally pulled the mattress off and stuffed it between the bed and sliding glass window. We will NEVER stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FENELON FALLS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My friend and I had to write an exam at loyalist college. This hotel was convenient to the 401 as well as good local restaurants. It is an older hotel but clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Surprising though, she asked if I wanted Smoking or Non?

Room Tip: Phone hotel direct for best rate