“Great food, great service, great experience” 5 of 5 stars

(705) 726-8761
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 395 Restaurants in Barrie
Barrie, Canada
“Great food, great service, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We often go to Mom's, and we always have a great experience. There is a new owner, and you can see a big difference, it seems like someone cares about Mom's again. We have been going for years, and the quality and quantity of the food is great, we often have to take some home with us. They really offer a lot of special deals now, Mon to Thursdays you can get a 3 course dinner for $19.95, and we always try to go for the turkey dinners on Sundays. They started carrying butter tarts that are as good as my grandmother use to make. We are really happy to recommend our favorite place to eat to you. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Barrie, Canada
“WOW - MOMS HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This place is fantastic, it does not matter if I go for breakfst, lunch or dinner, we always have a GREAT experience. Unlike the last owner, this one seems to really care. The quality of the food has improved, the service is better, the atmosphere is just more inviting. You will not be disappointed, we never are. We have been bringing our friends and family for years now, and we enjoy ourselves each visit. You can tell everything is homemade, and it is delicious. I was just in yesterday, and they added butter tarts to their desserts, oh my, that was the best I have ever had. We will be back again, and again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
toronto, ontario
“This is no longer the Mom's we loved”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have visited Mom's twice since it changed ownership. We used to come here frequently for breakfast and the occasional lunch or dinner. Patty was rightly proud of her team. Once I saw a young girl serve breakfast to the whole room in a timely & efficient manner. The first time since the change was breakfast. It was ok, the server was alright and the food was breakfast. However, the second time I was embarrassed to have suggested the place. We took family members for lunch after her chemo treatment thinking it would be a nice treat. Nice my fanny. She ordered fish & chips. The fish was the precooked breaded triangles my kids used to eat. We raved about the home made soups. Everything was something I could have bought already frozen & reheated myself. It was then I realized I couldn't go home again. It was like a STEP mother had taken over. Prices were reasonable, but the quality & service excellence was not there. I realize this is now another ownership, but it doesn't take much to save vegetable waters, or boil onions/carrots/celery together to make a home made broth for soups. Most people wouldn't realized it had changed - the only interior change is Shane & Darcy's memorabilia is down. We will not be returning, we found a new (to us) place on Bayfield - Logans Golden Mile.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Getting old, sort of like Moms cooking but Mom is 70 years old and bland and boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008