“Did the job in a pinch.” 3 of 5 stars

White Tower Motel
120 Donald Street, Barrie, Ontario, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 18 hotels in Barrie
Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
“Did the job in a pinch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the White Tower during Kempemfest in August long weekend as my usual choice of downtown hotel The Howard Johnsons on Dunlop was full.
I was lucky to get a room on this busy weekend because some people cancelled pre-booked stays probably because of rainy weather.
Anyway while the exterior and the interior of hotel looked pretty beat up and well worn the room was a good size and there are lots of shopping near hotel.
I would stay here again if I find myself desperate for a hotel room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
barrie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

my wife and i have been staying at the white towers for quite a while now on a weekly stay package due to work. i cant understand the various complaints from most reviwers here.. exspecially the value for the buck you recieve for the room. other reviwers must be used to the hilton at 200 a day or something. both me and my wife have enjoyed the room so far because of the value on weekly rate, the cleaning staff and office staff are very eaasy to get along with. as per the clientell that we have seen so far are mixed from lawyers construction workers and famillys all in the same. some unsavery characters can give a establishment a bad name for no reason, but this can happen at ANY establishment. i personally have stayed at motel hotel and b/bs around the country ranging from 75-200 a night depending on what i need at the time. and have found drunks druggies hookers and ruffiants at many places.ITis all in the way the situation is handles that makes the difference. dont try acting out and causing a problem at the white towers or management will deal with you quickly and efficaitelly even if it means involving local barrie police when needed. i feel safe and comfortable here and will tell everyone i know and on here what i feel about other reviwers opinions so far. i do recommed the white towers to other just because of its ease of access to highway 400 the downtown and all things close in barrie. the value is great and the cleaning staff tries their bset to keep up with the older but stable facilitys WHICH i have seen being slowlly and propperlly updated over the last month i have stayed here. SO far. THE owners are trying to keep up a business and build a better motel while the rooms are not occupied. but from what i have seen so far the rooms are occupied ALOT. renovations take time and patience and i have seen personally the work being done to improve the building everyday. if you want to complain go ahead and speak your mind, but i have a feeling that a few complaints on here are the ones removed from the property due to misbehavior or arnt the type of individuals whom normally stay at a lower priced establishment. i keep saying for the value you pay the white towers is a great bang for your buck. i just cant wait untill all the repaires and renos are done just to see what happens when the rates go up and peole get upset because now it costs more to stay at the wtm where it has always been the CHEAPEST in barrie, yake care all and i hope this review hits home for somne out there looking for great value and comfort at a low price

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Checked in, took one look at room & marched right back to check in desk, room was disgustingly dirty with ruffled bed, shady character standing in hall & shouting coming from other rooms.. whole placed stunk badly of smoke & urine.. lady at desk showed me a different room on ground level but it wasn't much better! I asked for a refund but was refused! This place is rented by drug addicts & prostitutes.. a disgusting mess & a disgrace to the great city of Barrie. This dump needs to be shut down! I

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Elmvale, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here with some friends as it was the only place in Barrie available on a Saturday night. We were going out for a night out and figured that for one night it would do. To our surprise we were mortified at the apperance of the motel. We walked in and there was blood all over the carpet. It looked like feces was stained on the sheets and the smell of the room was attrocious. It smelled like a mixture of dried cat urine and baby puke. I would rather sleep downtown Barrie then here ! It would be more safe as well ! As soon as we saw the room we left and figured we would rather sprend 100 dollars on a cab ride to sleep at home then in this motel. I wouldnt even call it a motel more like a dumpster. Next door we also heard a loud banging noise and it turned out there was 4 crack heads next door ! This "motel" is for crack heads looking for a place to live. I would also reccommend it for families ..... Not !! This place is a dump and I am surprised it is not closed down due to health concerns. If you are staying here .... beware.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Las Palmas, Canarias, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

It wasn't to terrible, but considering the alcohol consumed. The place was disgusting. There was lipstick on the bed sheets, the air condition was dented in, the doors wouldn't lock properly, the room didn't look good in general. The numbers on the door were even falling off, we had one out of two. The towels were not the same color they were new, as well as the remote for the television not working. I recommend this place for prostitutes or drug dealers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not the best place in barrie to stay for a night. Its right off the hwy exit and makes for a preferrable location but the rooms are not very good. It was not until I discovered another hotel just down the road, I stopped coming to White towers. Stay at your own experience and good luck

Room Tip: stay at your own risk