“buffet lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tiffins Curry in a Hurry !

Tiffins Curry in a Hurry !
7 Dunlop street east, Barrie, Ontario L4M 1A2, Canada (City Center)
705-252-5816
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: Serving homestyle authentic east Indian cuisine. All the entrees are served mild (unless asked for Mild-medium, Medium or Hot)Gluten free entree's & bread, and also accomodate Vegans.
Barrie, Canada
“buffet lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had the buffet lunch here last week.The variety of food is small ,but all prepared well.I would be happy to go back and try their regular menu soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto
“Liked the variety of the dinner for 2 option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Chose this place for dinner based on past reviews since we were going to be in the area. We were surprised it was pretty empty but apparently some festival was on in the evening and it had been non-stop busy during the day. At first I was apprehensive since I was only used to lunch buffets where you get a variety and at dinner you have to choose a dish. But once we were inside, we were told there was a dinner for 2 option that gave you a variety of appetizers, soup and entree with 2 meat and one veggie choice, and glass of wine. Hostess/owner/waitress was pleasant and very friendly and the dinner for 2 offered a good selection. I would have preferred it more spicy but I guess you just need to let them know that and they will make to suit. Will visit again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Borden
“Disregard my "Doesn't disappoint" post”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had visited this place three times and have had decent meals. The two times I went for buffet- The selection was small but the food was pretty good and the owner seemed nice so I had no problems going back. Unfortunately, due to the small amount of selection (and only small amounts of those items) I would rather eat somewhere else. I mean, if I am going for a buffet then I don't want to feel greedy about taking 2 small somosas because there are only 3 left (and not replaced during the 20 minutes we were there). Also, I can appreciate that the owners work there but maybe hire help for times when they plan to be away for weddings and such. I have visited Tiffins on multiple occasions and could not eat due to the restaurant being closed when their posted hours stated that they would be open. I bought some WagJags to use here but I unfortunately I do not plan to return or recommend this restaurant, especially not for the buffet.

Visited July 2014
Barrie, Canada
“Closing early?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife purchased 4 wag jags. We used 2. Three weekends ago we went there for the lunch buffet but there was a sign in the window that they were closed for a wedding. we were disappointed but I can understand that one. However, what I don't understand is closing early because the food is almost all gone. It is a buffet. We got there at about 2:10 and they are supposed to be open until 2:30. The door was locked, the owner came to the door and told us they closed early due to the food being almost all gone. That is absolutely ridiculous. What kind of buffet closes early because the food is almost gone. It was a 20 minute drive to get there. We contacted wagjag and got refunded for the unused coupons. The food is good but certainly not worth the hassle of not knowing if you will get to eat. We will never be going there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Poor food quality on buffet lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a wag jag coupon for Lunch buffet for 2 ppl.Food quality was very poor and we were the only ones there from 12.30pm-1.30pm.It was empty and no other patrons to dine.This used to be a good restaurant,but not anymore with the quality of food on buffet.

• Visited May 2014