“A great brew pub off Barrie's main street !!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 441 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, Pizza, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Barnstormer Brewing Company is a Brew Pub. We make all our own burgers, pizzas and other fare in house. You can choose from shareable appetizers, small bites and full meals. There is everything from soup, charcuterie to daily specials, stir fry, burgers and our signature pizzas. We have some vegetarian and gluten free options too! There is something for everyone here at Barnstormer Brewing Company, including a kids menu!
Toronto
“A great brew pub off Barrie's main street !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I came here with my sister after it was recommended by someone on Facebook. We were staying in nearby Carriage Hills Resort and after walking Barrie's main bar lined main street looking for somewhere to go on a cold August night and finding the scene less than lively we decided to drive the few km and head to Barnstormer Brewing and Pizzeria. It's in a small strip mall with a nice front. First thing we noticed is that the parking lot was packed which is always a good sign. We liked the atmosphere and took the only available table at the back. They had a live muscian playing covers of great songs so for us sitting at a back table that was less noisy was ok. We ordered one of their home brews (forget the name but it was the blonde one top of the menu). I really liked it and would order it again; surprisingly good for me and I usually order Mill St. Organic, Stella, Blue Moon. We split the mixed greens salad with cranberries, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. Nothing fancy but very tasty and hit the spot... so far so good. We are both huge pizza lovers and couldn't wait to for it. We split a custom pizza with roasted red peppers, black olives, red onions and I forget what else :) . It was 15" and absolutely delicious; the dough was so soft and gooey and had some extra flavouring which I attribute to the possibility of them adding beer into the batter. We have both eaten at some of the trendy pizza places in Toronto like Terroni and Queen Margheretta and think their dough is superior. I am still thinking of it and will try and make it back this weekend when I am in the area again - and possibly bring home a souvenir glass or brew.

• Visited August 2014

“Good Food, Great Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had lunch on Aug 10, 2014. Got to try two of their beers. Enjoyed the Billy Bishop Brown Ale. The pizza and "wings" were very good. Overall a great meal.

• Visited August 2014
“Great pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Probably the best friend chicken I've ever had! Lightly breaded, crispy but not greasy. Pizza also good. Enjoyed the basil beer and the IPA's. Great atmosphere. Will be back next time I'm in Barrie!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Amy S
Barrie, Canada
“Great Brewpub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This small place in Barrie's south end is now officially my favorite place. They do brew their own beer on site and have a great selection, they have wine and cocktails as well. But the food is truly amazing. Casual fair, pizza, burgers, sandwiches etc, but all done very well in WW2 inspired "mess hall" kind of environment. If you have to wait for a table and you might on a Friday or Saturday night, belly up to the expansive bar, order a beer and the cheese board and relax for the duration.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ronfischer
Barrie, Canada
“Hop aficionado's rejoice! A craft brewery makes for a fun hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Brewery with an aeronautical theme that serves a simple but varied menu. The food was generous and fresh with little twists on classics. (for example: kale mixed into the caesar salad, wings were actual drumsticks, fries came with 3(?) types of sauce options). Everything had a flight themed name but overall the subject of airplanes was not overdone or tacky.

Cool bowling-alley reclaimed-wood tables and quirky airplane memorabilia frame the view of the actual beer brewing tanks (?). Fridge with take home beer makes for fun gifts.

Staff was well versed in beer lingo, relaxed, pleasant and attentive.

Strange quiet plaza location on Yonge between busier intersections but lots of parking at least.
No particularly visible from the road...

I would go again. I think it would be great for lunch too (although I don't know their hours). Great LOCAL spot, good place to hang out or for a casual date, afterwork crowd. I didn't see any because we were there at an odd time but I think kids would be allowed in and enjoy the novelty of the airplane theme and brewing "machines". I plan on bringing out of town visitors as it's a local, fun, original spot with food!

It's very different from the old Robert Simpson now Flying Monkey Brewery downtown. This spot is rougher, craftier and quirkier and more fun in my opinion albeit a little out of the way.

I think they had coupons on one of those discount sites like groupon but since they seem relatively new it may just be a launch special but worth a look.

A little gem because of its uniqueness.

• Visited June 2014