“Amazing Staff... i can say i Love them ALL!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Barrie

You added Super 8 Barrie to your Saves list
Super 8 Barrie
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Bryne Drive | Ontario, Barrie, Ontario L4N 6C8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Staff... i can say i Love them ALL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Super 8 Barrie has by far the best staff in all the hotels i have been to. There rooms are very clean, there is an in door pool, jacuzzi suites, great for familys buiness and even romantic nights away.
There SuperStart breakfast is just what you need to start your day.
Wonderful experience overall!!!!!!!
Thank you too, Mirka, Welma, John, Lisa, Heather, all of Housekeeping you guys are amazing.
Thank you again for everything... miss you all so much!
I would come back in a second!
- Jessica Morson

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Super 8 in Barrie Ontario is pretty much like most Super 8 hotels. It has all the basics and is clean. What distinguishes this hotel is the friendly and helpful staff. We felt at home for the two nights we were there as the staff was so welcoming and eager to help us in any way they could.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Excellent hotel. My first time staying at a Super8 but definitely not my last. Clean, comfortable rooms, lots of amenities including mini fridge and microwave.

Satff was courtious and very friendly. This particular location had lots of good restaurants and stores within walking distance.

Free breakfast buffet was more than your typical "continental" style. Eggs, sausage, waffles....

Only negative point I would mention is the room air conditioner was a bit noisy. My stay was during the front end of a heat wave so I had to keep it on all night but it's a small price to pay for the extra comfort.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We have just left this hotel and would not have changed anything, for the price it includes everything from pool (complimentry towels) computer in the family suit (good for rainy afternoons free useage of many games) room service daily (always leaving new soaps and towels). Great breakfast (waffles, many different toast, cakes, cereals, yogurts, fruit - fruit juice) really relaxed & quiet. Great staff always there to help. (situated in a commercial area
but still quiet) lots of restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
seeyoualongtheway, General Manager at Super 8 Barrie, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for your great comments about my team!

They are the main reason for the success of this hotel
and without them we would not have consistent
reviews from guests like you!

I would agree that we do provide 4 star service
at a 2.5 star price!

We hope to see you again soon!

Yours in hospitality,

Mirka Rollason
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

The hotel is really nice, staff are very helpful and friendly. Compared to other high end (cost) hotels, Super 8 Barrie is excellent, offering great value for money. It is clean and well presented. Excellent Breakfast buffet as well!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We went to the Super 8 for my parents' 60th Wedding Anniversary. We had 22 people aged 10 years old all the way up to 86 years young. The hotel was the most accommodating I have ever dealt with - so courteous, polite, and willing to do anything they could to make our visit relaxing and trouble free. The location provided easy access to everything we wanted or needed in the entertainment or dinner venues. The breakfast was better than most hotels I have stayed at. Our dogs loved the "doggie run" at the back of the hotel. My sister and her young kids enjoyed the "family room" with the "man den". And the upgrade that the hotel gave to my parents was SOOO appreciated - that executive suite was the perfect room for 22 people to socialize in! I can't recommend this hotel and their staff highly enough.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Thank you TeacherB for your Super comments!
My team takes great pride in making each and every guest stay a memorable one no matter
what the occasion!
Your feeback will be shared with all of them!
We hope to see you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality
Mirka Rollason
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I arrived on Sunday night on business so I could get an early start with clients Monday. Had a very restful sleep, loaded up with a hot breakfast in the morning and checked out. I planned to work Orillia the next day and thought why look for another hotel in Orillia when I had such an enjoyable stay here? I booked for a second night which was equally pleasant. Charles greeted me at the desk and booked me in and was very helpful and pleasant. I will most definitely stay again and will bring my swim suit next time as the indoor pool looked very inviting.
I will also bring my wife as the hotel is situated in a shoppers 'Hot Spot'

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Barrie? Share your experiences!