“Great location & helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Barrie

You added Super 8 Barrie to your Saves list
Super 8 Barrie
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Bryne Drive | Ontario, Barrie, Ontario L4N 6C8, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
London, Canada
“Great location & helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

It was my first time visiting Barrie & I chose to stay at Super 8 Barrie since it was ranked as #1 on TripAdvisor. The staff was pleasant & when I inquired about restaurants in the area, they seemed more than happy to provide me with the information & even wrote some of it down for me. The waffles were a great touch & others that I was with enjoyed them too.

One of the things that I'm most picky about whenever I go anywhere is the cleanliness of the washroom & I have to say that my rooms washroom and the room itself was really clean.

The best part is the location since there are tons of places to eat & other things are close by as well. It's really convenient staying here & if you don't have a car, you can still get around.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
seeyoualongtheway, General Manager at Super 8 Barrie, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Teresa B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am glad that our staff was able to provide you with that home-away-from-home feeling during your stay and that you enjoyed our Belgian Waffles during breakfast. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing our guests with exceptionally clean accommodations and I will let them know that you were pleased with the results of their hard work. You are right about our location! We are perfectly located within the commercial hub of Barrie, surrounded by restaurants and retail shops all within walking distance. I am glad that you had such a complete experience during your stay at the Super 8 Barrie and we look forward to seeing you again!

Mick Ahluwalia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business based on a recommendation from a work colleague. Although this is a 3 star property for amenities, I give it full marks for value based on price, staff attitude, size of rooms and cleanliness.

This Super 8 is quite close to a Hwy 400 interchange and lots of box-store shopping and chain restaurants. There is lots of free parking out front of the hotel and I was immediately impressed by the number of front desk staff when I checked in at approximately 5:30 pm. There were 3 smiling faces who made the check-in very pain free.

My room was on the 3rd floor, about halfway down from the elevator, facing the parking lot and very quiet. The room was a suite and had two TVs, a small fridge and microwave. There was a separate sink outside the bathroom which would be handy for some. The bed was very comfortable with crisp white sheets. Wi-fi was complimentary.

The breakfast was the normal fare and decent. Eggs, sausages, cereal, breads, coffee and juice was all complimentary and while not gourmet, was reasonable.

All in all, for what I paid, I rate this hotel excellent value and would stay here a again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator if you would like a little more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear NorthYorkian,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! The staff and I have read your review and are very grateful for your appreciation of our hard work. We are glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our Superior Suites. The housekeeping staff is very meticulous when it comes to providing our guests with crisp, comfy sheets and extremely clean guest rooms. As opposed to many other hotels in Barrie, each and every one of our 82 rooms (including our standard rooms) is equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge. We have recently added brand new flat screen LCD televisions in every guest room and are increasing the speed of our already-fast complimentary WIFI with a system that is five times faster. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at the Super 8 Barrie, and we are looking forward to hosting you again!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel twice and both times my experience has been nothing but exceptional. This hotel has it all, great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, and a good breakfast. My kids took full advantage of the pool and hot tub. I have stayed at other hotels in Barrie but Super 8 by far gives you the best value for your money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ifrah Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are grateful for your continued loyalty to the Super 8 Barrie and thrilled to know that you had an exceptional experience during your stay. We are continuously striving to provide all of our guests with excellent service, clean and comfortable rooms and a great hot breakfast! We are glad that your kids enjoyed our pool and hot tub and are looking forward to your next visit!

Brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Super 8 Barrie was an outstanding stay. The staff was efficient and friendly, breakfast was excellent and the overall cleanliness of the rooms was great. I would definitely recommend others to stay here.

Dear Deepa Nama,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We are thrilled to know that you had an outstanding stay at the Super 8 Barrie. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to our guests and we are continually striving to provide the best hot breakfast in Barrie. We look forward to seeing you again!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

It sufficed. I give it a 4 out 5 because the staff are friendly and polite. There was also no issue with guide dog which is a bonus. The breakfast was great (except they had no yogurt left @9am).
Forget swimming as the pool is way too small and the jacuzzi is warm.

Good for a getaway.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub only worth it if you plan to use it alone (as it is built for one).
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. Our staff and I are glad that we could make your stay an enjoyable one! I can assure you that our Hot Tub has been used by as many as 4 guests at a time and that our swimming pool has been a great success with our guests. We look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to Barrie and hope you enjoy the new flat screen LCD TV that you will find in your room.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 in Barrie for 2 nights in one of their jacuzzi suites in early January of 2012. My stay was quite nice with no complaints and a few nice touches. Also it's worth noting that the information and pictures you see on their website are accurate.

POSITIVES:
-Hotel and rooms were clean and beds had comfortable linens. 4 pillows on bed.
-Free Wi-Fi
-Location is a 2 minute walk to 4 restaurants-- East Side Mario's, Jack Astors, Mucho Burrito (a great place), and South Street Burger. There are several other restaurants such as Cora's you can get to without going back onto highway 400. These are about a 15 minute walk (on a sidewalk) or a 3 minute drive away.
-Location is easy to get to, just off highway 400.
-There is a Chapters just behind the restaurant which has a Starbucks for anyone who needs a morning jolt.
-The breakfast at the hotel is from 6-10 am and had waffles, bacon, eggs, and breakfast sausages the days I was there (midweek).
-While I had little interaction with the staff other then check-in and out everything ran smoothly and they allowed us to have a late checkout on our final day. (Normal checkout is 11 am).
-Coffee pot provided in room.
-free parking
-Room had separate shampoo and conditioner. (Not the terrible 2 in 1's some places have).
-The front desk had complimentary cookies, suckers, and newspapers.

NEGATIVES: (To be fair I'm being VERY picky.)
-The breakfast had a small bowl of fruit, most of which was unappealing. There was also no yogurt. In addition the coffee at the breakfast was quite watery, but that may have been an isolated thing.
-The blanket on the bed was standard sized but I found it small for two people and there was no additional one in the closet. (Again I'm being picky).
-The only sink was in the bathroom.
-No robes.

WORTH KNOWING:
-The "jacuzzi suite" said it had a "two person jetted tub" but I was confused as to whether this would be in the main room or in the bathroom and whether it would really be big enough for two people. The jacuzzi was in the main room itself which was great because you can watch TV from the tub. It was considerably larger than a normal tub, but would have been tight for two people. It was however luxurious for one person. There is also a full size shower (but no tub) in the bathroom.
-The indoor pool was quite tiny but was not overly busy during our stay.
-Overall the property strikes me as a great place for families to stay, especially with the complimentary breakfast.
-This super 8 is apparently a "Pride of Super 8" property which supposedly means it meets higher standards than other Super 8's.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed the Jacuzzi suites are not much more expensive than a two queen room and th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear reshee,

Thank you for writing a great review! I am glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our jacuzzi suites. We pride ourselves on our clean and comfortable accommodations and we are pleased that you enjoyed our extensive selection of in-room amenities. We have recently upgraded our televisions to Flat Screen LCD TVS and have added more fresh fruits and a variety of yogurts to our breakfast menu. Looking forward to your next visit.

Lake Cowichan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

During my stay from 21 Dec to 27 Dec 2011, I couldn't have had any better service. All staff were friendly, efficient, courteous, and helpful. Rooms were modern, clean and well cared for. I was most impressed by the breakfast provided , a great way to start the day. Also the staff responsible for breakfast were most cheerful at an early hour. I believe their names were April and Heather. These ladies are great representatives of Super 8 and their positive interactions with all guests was good to see. Overall great service and great value. Will no doubt stay here again on upcoming trips to Barrie.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
seeyoualongtheway, General Manager at Super 8 Barrie, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear John341,

I would like to thank you for spending a week with us at the Super 8 Barrie and for leaving such a great review. We are honoured to have such great guests. I am glad that our efforts to make you feel at home were a success and that you enjoyed the hospitality extended to you by our staff. I am also glad that you enjoyed our modern and clean rooms and would like to let you know that we have added brand new flat screen TVs in all of our guest rooms. April and Heather have read your review and are grateful for you kind words. We all hope to see you again soon!

Mick Ahluwalia

Been to Super 8 Barrie? Share your experiences!