“Pretty authentic Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Toronto, Canada
“Pretty authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Growing up with Italian relatives, I'm pretty critical of my pastas! Cicco's does an excellent job of home made pastas (particularly the gnocci) and stays true to the motherland for their pizzas and salads. Service is good at excellent price points. There are some odd 'non-italian' menu items that I think just confuse people and wish they had more seating but all in all a strong showing!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lindsay W, Owner at Cicco's Ristorante, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear CanadianTravelGal76,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! Our homemade pizza and salad recipes are absolutely from the motherland and we take great pride in that :) All of our recipes are old traditional Calabrese family recipes that have been passed down through our family for generations.

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying them as much as we do and look forward to seeing you in the near future :)

Best regards,

Lindsay & Cicco

Barrie, Canada
“Great Spot Fast Service and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

One of my Favorite places to have a meal! Their Cesar Salad is a must try and the Antipasto is a favorite of mine. They also have really good Pizza.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barrie, Canada
“Not as good as I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

not sure who's writing these reviews, but I wasn't impressed by the food. Service was fine but the food was far below what I expected. Can't see this restaurant lasting. The pizza is good but the pasta I can do far better at home.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

No matter what you try ... from Seafood Pasta ... to Pizza ... to Wings .... to Gigantic Sandwiches
.... Everything is well prepared, well proportioned, appealing and reasonably priced. It is a jewel and a Great Addition to Barrie...... not to mention the Great House Wine ....and Ice Cold Draft Beer.... It definitely has my vote as one of the Best Italian Restaurants in Barrie.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aurora, Canada
“A charming, authentic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had the pleasure of visiting Cicco's on a Sunday night with my family, and rarely have I enjoyed such a charming evening.

The service was impeccably prompt, and the menu items screamed authenticity. No really: I think a lot of "ristorantes" in Cicco's price range tend to deviate from their Italian roots and become diluted knock-offs of Milestones and similar chains. While Cicco's certainly had a diverse menu, its focus was undoubtedly home-cooked-style Italian cuisine

I started with the mussels in tomato sauce, and I was stunned by their freshness. I have enjoyed mussels far less at dedicated seafood places. My meal was the Sausage Rigatoni Piatto, which was hearty and delicious. The sausage was homemade, and you could tell. For dessert I had the cannoli, which, while very good, was a disappointment only because I tried a piece of cheesecake next to it, and the cheesecake was among the best I've ever tried.

The atmosphere is reserved and composed on the inside with a nice blending masculine and feminine elements. It has an air of class, without losing the intimate charm you want from authentic Italian restaurants. Cicco's is superb for a date place, or a family gathering like I had. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Visited April 2014