“Just a Burger” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Nightlife in Barrie
Barrie
“Just a Burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A few friends of mine thought we would go down town and have some great bar food. Well, lets just say the best burger place in Barrie was not open..mmm because they were filming to be on TV..Bummer for us..great for them.. So off we went to The Queens Hotel.. How bad could it be.. well the service at the bar is awesome..cold drinks, friends!!she did a awesome job..!!

The food came and the burger was burnt..I mean not a little from a BBQ..BURNT.. so I ask the waitress to take it back.. The cook in the kitchen(Sandra) was mad. Basically too bad for me and eat it.. All I asked for for a new burger...well, lets say I ask more than once. I even offered to cook it myself. LOL I was starving...I had to tell the waitress that I was not looking for free food. I finally received my new Burger..after much reluctance from the kitchen..

The only thing I can say is if you cannot take the heat in the kitchen, then get out of it!! sorry to say i will not be back for the food. FYI I was fully charged and you know what I can afford it..cheers people !!!

Visited July 2014

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Hope to be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just in town for couple of days on work and after a disappointing "fancy" dinner elsewhere the night before we decided to go for something a little more relaxed. Very impressed - food is not fancy and more of roadhouse type - fish and chips, nachos, burgers, sandwiches, fries, wings, etc. which, combined with cold draft, was just what we were looking for. We had couple of nacho plates to share up first and all agreed very good. Everyone's meal came at same time, good sized helpings, good fresh food and everyone happy with their meal. Those who ordered small pizzas found they could eat only half or less.
Nice old hotel/bar atmosphere when walk in and nice first impression. Large dart board area and it got busy for darts by time we were done - seemed like a popular spot. Despite that did not feel rushed to leave but rather encouraged to stay and take our time.
Our waitress was also the bartender and seemed to be all on her own but still very attentive for service. Very friendly, knowledgeable about the food, and added a nice touch to the meal.
Hope to be able to get back again the next time am in town

Visited April 2014